Union Square

Joey

Luke had invited me over to head on to Union Square. It's a chilly autumn evening and the square is busy as always. Since it is almost night time, all the lights from shops or just ones hanging around trees like Christmas lights illuminate the square. There is a giant monument that looks like the one in D.C. but smaller and has what seems like a goddess on top. Shops and cafés surround the giant museum of I don't know what because despite living in San Francisco, I barely know any places. I've only been at the square only once or twice, I don't even know. My favorite places to go are always either the beaches or the Golden Gate bridge. I get to relax and always enjoy the view of the bay and cargo ships carrying inventory from foreign countries.

I am really excited to hang out with my friends! Especially Shane! Both of us have been best friends for maybe twelve and a half billion years! Yep, for a really long time. Him and I hang out a lot and when one of us has a problem, we try our best to help out with a solution. He is like my brother from another mother. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for another better person, of course other than Luke. But still, Shane comes in first in my friend list.

Since it's cold outside, I am dressed in khaki colored trench coat with skinny jeans and black combat boots. My hair is flat because I was a lazy boy today and didn't want to take the time to style my hair. The wind would have messed it up anyways.

Right now we are just waiting for Shane and his girlfriend, Lisa, to get here. Currently me, Luke, Cat, Sawyer, and Meghan are sitting on the ledge of the staircase to the entrance of the museum. I just got here, so I don't mind waiting for them two. I mean, c'mon, they probably can't keep their paws of each other. If ya know what mean.

"Man, what's holding them two?" Sawyer asked while he tried to warm up his hands but can't due to the weather.

"Ah, just leave those two lovebirds!" Exclaimed Meghan-san. Yea, that's her nickname. It's adorable, since well, it came from Joey-anya!

"They probably had to take care of some business, you know?" said Cat while wiggling her eyebrows at me which instantly had me at fits of laughter.

"Agreed with Cat," Luke said.

"Cat, you don't know how ridiculous you look doing that!" I said through breaths.

"What, this?" And she continued on wiggling her eyebrows.

"Stop...Just stop...Too much... Can't breathe!" Seriously, it was hilarious seeing her do that!

"Joey, dude, calm down. You might pass out from laughing so much," Luke said with a huge grin on his face. Either he found me dieing of laughter amusing or Cat's facial expressions funny. I hope it's the later, though I think he finds both funny.

"Damn Joey, soon you are gonna leave a puddle behind if you don't stop," Meghan said, which made me slowly, but surely, calm down.

"Oh gosh Cat," I said while wiping a tear of my eye, "That was hella funny."

"Glad to be your source of entertainment Joey," she giggled out and I couldn't help but notice that there was a tint of sarcasm in her response.

We all made small talk for a few more minutes until freaking finally we could see the tall figure of Shane walking towards us. The more he walked towards us we, the more we could see the second person who of course we all know is cute little Lisa. Both look so adorable walking with linked arms towards us.

"About time!" Sawyer exclaimed.

"Ignore him. Hey guys, glad you could make it." Luke told the couple.

"Hi," Lisa replied.

"Hey man," Shane said and gave Luke what they call a bro hug.

Lisa went to greet the other ladies, her kissing them on the cheek like they do in Europe. As for us, we either had our own little handshake or gave each other a nod 'Sup'. Yep, your typical boys of the bay. Or pretty much anywhere in California.