I promise ~ Mal & Press

--- Mallory's POV ---

It's the day before the Ireland game. Right now we were having a meeting to see who would make the 18 player roster, the line up, and subs who are gonna go in.

I sat in between Lindsay and Kelley.

"Are you nervous" A voice spoke behind me, I knew who that voice belongs to, Christen.

Christen has helped me a lot through this camp. She showed me around and took care of me. It's like we have a special relationship.

"Yeah a little"

"Don't worry to much about it, I'm sure you'll make it and I'm sure you'll play"

"Thanks Chris"

"Yeah I'm here for you and you know that" Christen said as she leaned back on her chair.

"Alright ladies today we're here to find out who will make the 18 player roster for tomorrow, what the starting line up will be, and who will be subbed in." Jill said. "The 18 player roster is up on the board now."

Goalkeepers- Hope, Ash, Alyssa

Defenders- Ali, Whit, Jaelene, Emily, Kelley, Kling

Midfielders- Sam, Lindsey, Carli, Tobin

Forwards- Alex, Christen, Mallory, Steph, Crystal

" The starting lineup will be Hope in the back, in the back line from right to left, Ali, Emily, Whit, and Kling, in mid from right to left, Crystal, Sammy, Lindsey, and Tobin, up top Carli and Alex, with Alex being captain." Jill said.

"I expect a lot from you guys, I will use all my field players tomorrow, Christen you'll be coming in for Carli in the second half, HAO you will be coming in the second half for Crystal, Steph you will be too for Tobin, and so will you Jaelene for Lindsey, Mal and Kels you will be coming in like the late 50 minutes, and yes Mal will be getting her first cap, congratulations Mal, alright you may all leave now."

Wow, wow, wow. I'm 17 and I'm gonna get my first cap tomorrow. Wow.

" Hey Mal, are you okay" Christen asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine" I lied.

Christen looked at me for a few seconds which felt like minutes to me.

"Alright I'll be in Mine and Alex's room if you need me" Christen said as she pulled me in for a hug. "I'm here for you, okay?"

"Yeah I know"

"Well you'll know where to find me. I'll see you later Mal" Christen said as she walked out the meeting room.

Now I was the only person in the meeting room. I made my way to where the 18 player roster sheet was.

Mallory Pugh

This is it. I made it to the national team at 17 years old. Wow.

"Mal?" A voice said who I'm pretty sure was Jill's.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine"