Off to the Olys - Mal & Press

• Mal's POV •

This is it we're going to Brazil. We're at the airport in D.C right now waiting to board the plane. It's eight right now so we have about an hour or so to get on the plane.

I was hanging out with Lindsey, Emily, Sam, and Moe. Everyone was either taking pictures, on face time, or being our crazy usual selves.

"Everyone gather around we're taking a group picture" said one of the staff members.

We went over where the rest of the team was. I made my way to where Christen was and stood beside her. She kissed my forehead and I smiled.

"How are you princess?" She asked me.

"I'm good and nervous" I said.

"Well both of us are going to our first Olympics so I know how you feel." She said. "But I'll be there with you every step of the way."

"Yeah me too" and she smiled at me.

Apparently the picture was taken and we didn't know. We went back to where we were. 30 minutes passed by and we were boarding the plane.

This was comfortable. I was sitting next to Lindsey. The seats were bed like, you could lay down on them.

"We're going to Brazil!!!" Pinoe yelled and we cheered.

Once the cheering died down everyone started to lie down in their seats. Lindsey had her headphones on trying to fall asleep, she doesn't like long flights and she goes to sleep before the plane takes off to not disturb anyone. So I am left with no one to talk to.

"Ladies and gentlemen we're taking off, let's go to Brazil!!" the pilot said over the intercom and we cheered some more this time it was so loud I'm surprised Lindsey didn't wake up.

I started looking through my social media hoping that I would fall asleep in an hour but that didn't work. It was 10:30 now and almost everyone was either asleep or listening to music.

I couldn't take this anymore so I got up and made my way over to Press. She was with Tobin holding each others hand, their fingers interlaced, they both seemed to be asleep so I just sat on Christen's lap and started to lay down.

"Hey what's up?" She whispered as her eyes fluttered open.

"I'm sorry to wake you up I just couldn't fall asleep." I said quietly as I laid my head on her chest.

"No it's okay and talk to me" She said as she wrapped her free arm around me.

"I guess I'm nervous and excited to get there like I'm gonna be an Olympian it just hasn't sunk in you know" I said.

"Well Mal you're not the only one freaking out of becoming an Olympian but I handle mine in a different way. Relax Mal you're gonna do great you're 18 and you're such a great player with much potential and creativity. Play for yourself and not for anyone else, you've made me so proud and I'm happy for you, next thing you know you'll be the face of women's soccer"

I couldn't stop smiling after she said that.

"I wouldn't have anyone else to take your part in my life Chris. You've been with me since the first time I trained with this team and that means a lot to me. I love you Press thank you."