Chapter 24: we all become superheroes

Helen's POV

I'm fucked. I am so fucked! Luke is going to ask me about Brad. What am I going to say? I can't tell him the truth. Well not now at least.

Me and Michael went to get the pizzas. We entered and sat down at a booth.

"So" Michael said.

"Michael, can I trust you to keep a secret?"

"Yea, depends who we are keeping it from."

"Luke and the guys."

"What is it?" Michael asked

Should I tell him?

"Brad, he....he..never mind" I said backing out.

"Just tell me," Michael insisted.

"Helen, Mikey, Ash, Luke, and Cal," Jared called. I sighed in relief and got up.

I walked up to the counters.

Here you go" Jared said handing my the pizza boxes.

"Thank you" I said with the smile.

"Have a good day."

"You too" I reply. I turned and Michael took the pizzas from my hand.

"I got it," he said. I smiled slightly.

"He was totally flirting with you" Michael laughed.

"He just said 'Have a good day" I said.

"Yea, but did you see the way he looked at you?"

"No, I actually did not."

"Of course, you only have eyes for Calum."

"Shut up, Michael."

We were about to walk out the door when I saw something that made me stop.

"Oh shit!" I said.

"What?" Michael asked.

"The Queen Bitch, Rebecca and her gang are over there. And I don't want to deal with them right now."

"Okay, well I have red hair so they won't recognize me, so you keep your head low." Michael said.

"Okay," I said.

Michael pushed the door and I kept my head low, looking at the ground. I hooked my arm with Michael's.

"What the fuck, Helen?" Michael asked.

"Just go with it," I growled.

We walked a little further and then I opened the door to Luke's car. I got in and so did Michael.

"What was that?" Luke asked.

"Did you not see Rebecca?" I asked.

"Oh shit, lets get out of here, then," Luke said and started the engine. He pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road. We were all silent during the car ride back home. I was getting nervous as we got closer to our house.

Luke parked in the driveway and we all got out. Calum, Luke, and Ashton got out the things in the car. I unlocked the door with my new house key and stepped inside. My heart was pounding against my chest. Should I tell Luke the truth? No. Not now. Fuck I should have never suggested we play truth or dare!

"So what are you going to do?" Michael asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You obviously don't want to tell Luke whatever you are hiding," he replied. I bit my lip.