Chapter 10 : Bad dinner, bad ocean

Chapter 10

Later...

Riker POV

Skye was sitting on my bed with me, holding my hand. We weren't really talking. I could tell she was annoyed at my behavior. I wasn't the best during dinner...

-Flashback-

"No, please don't make me eat on the deck!" I whined.

"Riker, you'll be fine," my dad said.

"No!"

My dad told our server we wanted to eat on the deck, which meant we'd be eating over the ocean!

I nervously walked out, and stood behind a chair next to Skye. Skye sat down, and looked at me.

"Sit down, Riker," Skye whispered.

I looked around, nervously.

"Riker, sit," my mom said.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I said, running inside the building.

I found the bathrooms, and went in. I stared at myself in the mirror for a couple of minutes, noticing every detail about myself possible. A few minutes later, my dad came in.

"I thought you were lying," my dad said, grabbing my arm.

"Dad, no! I can't eat over the water! Please don't make me!"

"Riker, you're eating out there with the rest of us whether you like it or not."

He dragged me back to our table, but I wouldn't sit down.

"Riker, sit down," my mom said.

"No," I said, quietly.

"Riker, sit!" My dad said, angrily.

"Riker, please. Do what your parents said," Skye whispered.

I remained standing, and my dad got up. He forcefully made me sit down in my chair, and switched seats with Rocky, who was next to me, so he could make sure I stayed there.

My face must have been so red. I was scared and embarrassed. That's not a good combination of feelings.

I wouldn't order anything when the waitress took our orders. My dad didn't make me, either. He said that I could just go hungry.

-end of flashback-

"Riker," Skye said, finally breaking the silence between us.

"What?"

"I don't get why you acted how you did during dinner. What's so scary about eating out there?"

"I just don't like being near the water. What if the deck broke, and we all fell into the water?"

"Riker I'm pretty sure it would be shallow enough for you to stand."

"Well I'm sorry! I didn't like it!"

"Whether you liked it or not, you still could've sat there without causing a problem. And now you're punished!"

My mom had taken away my phone for today...

"Yeah, well..."

"Riker, I think you seriously need to stop being a big baby, and man up. This is still not the Riker I knew on the island. We're closer to him than we were when we first got home. But we still don't have him back yet. And honestly... I fell in love with that Riker. Not this one. It's not that I'm not in love with you anymore, it's just that... I'm not as in love as I was before. I don't like your behavior. It's seriously ridiculous, and it's been weeks, Riker! I'd expect a little more maturity from you!"