Chapter 9

"300 bottles of milk on the wall, 300 bottles of milk, take one down, pass it around, 299 bottles of milk on the wall", Ashley sang softly to Cassi. It was so amazing that Ashley was such a good parental figure, he would be a great dad one day. Sandra was taking a nap before she had to leave to go on the six month tour that I would not be accompanying her on. We had both decided that it would cost too much money with the babies on tour with us. Black Veil Brides were leaving at the same time that Modern Day Escape was, so they were all over here saying goodbye. Scout was in the corner of the room playing with Damon and showing Andy how to properly hold him. Scout had a temper, and it didn't help that it was Andy her frustration was directed towards, so every three or so minutes I would hear an annoyed sigh come from andy, and scout would blow up on him. Juliet thought it was amusing though, and her eyes would sparkle every time Scout and Andy started arguing. This time they were loud enough to wake up Sandra and direct all the attention to them. They were both standing up, facing each other, and Scout's hands were balled up in fists. They were yelling about something I couldn't understand, something about cars and buses I think. Scout raised her hand and Samuel grabbed her hand right before it connected with Andy's face, she stormed off.

"im sorry, I brought something up that shouldn't have ever been brought up", Andy said, looking sick.

Sandra was standing under the door frame looking confused as hell. Ashley was comforting a crying Cassi and Damon was asleep in his playpen. Andy got up after a while of us just sitting there in silence, and went to find scout. After he was gone, it was as if the whole room had been holding their breath and we all just let it out at the same time. Scout came back out with Andy and they sat on opposite sides of the room, it was probably for the best. The door bell rang, and we knew it was one of the bands tour bus drivers, coming to take them away. Upon answering it, I saw that it was Sandra and the guys'. I started crying right there on the doorstep and Sandra came over to comfort me. She held me close and rubbed my back. She whispered in my ear that she loved me over and over again. I nodded my head and rubbed the tears from my eyes. Shep, Marti, James and Mark lined up to give me a hug and say goodbye to the twins. It was painful to think about how long they would be gone. Scout was leaving to go on a vacation with Samuel in Hawaii today as well. In about two hours, I would be taking care of twins with the help of Ally, who mostly just texts and reads shit on her phone. I didn't blame her though, taking care of two babies isn't exactly the life. The next people to go were BVB, and I was emotionally drained from crying.

"Do you want me to stay with you and help you, I can take a plane to Nevada to meet the guys tomorrow", Ashley offered, and I nodded my head, knowing that this was something he was doing because he wanted to, not just something out of pity. He told the other guys and then sat back down with Cassi.

"I you're trying to get her to sleep, it wont work, shes stubborn", I told him just as the dorrbell rang again," who the hell". If it was the guys coming to collect Ashley, I would be seriously pissed. Naturally, it wasn't, it was someone worse. It was Jace, standing there with bug eyes and his hands crossed in front of him. He looked genuinely surprised.

"oh my god, Lynn, I didn't know you were here", his voice sounded softer than it had when I had last seen or heard him. Ashley came up behind me holding Cassi, and I heard Jace take in a sharp breath. He reached towards Cassi, but Ashley pulled her back inside, and Jace dropped his arm in defeat.

"Is she-", he started

"Not anymore", I said sharply. There was a glimmer of hurt in his eyes, but only for a brief second. I didn't know he had even gotten out.

"they dropped the charges, didn't you hear". I probably would have heard, had I been at home to receive the envelope. I shook my head.

"Im doing some work for extra money, im selling magazines, can I see my kid", he asked, the look on his face was pitiful, it was the same look he gave me to get me to do things for him.

"im sorry, prove that you're changed", I said before slamming the door on his face and locking it. I slid down the door and turned into a puddle of goo on the floor. An envelope dropped from the mail slot in the door. I picked it up and saw that it was relatively heavy. There was a note on the back that read: "My grandfather died, and he wanted to give some of the money to any children I had, its clean money, I promise".  Inside there was at least $1,000 in cash and a check for $600,000. I slipped the money back in and carried it to the kitchen. Ashley was upstairs trying to put Cassi to sleep. Tears flowed freely from my eyes and I walked weakly to the couch in the living room and curled myself into a ball. My eyelids were heavy and I realized I was tired as all hell. I fell asleep on the couch, and silently wished that he didn't want anything after giving me the money, but as always, It was probably too much to ask for.