A Little About Their Past

Ruby led the kids and Weiss up to her apartment. "So how is it you know Blake?" Wiess asked.

"Yang ran off and I had to go find her. She's a cute kitten, I'm not surprised Yang likes her. they met at the park, and I met Blake there, she was keeping my little sister from running off again."

"I didn't ask for a story!" Wiess said, "Blake has never really talked to anyone other than me before." Wiess didn't know what to think of her adoptive daughter making friends.

"If it's any consolation, Yang doesn't talk to other people either. I was surprised to see her talking to Blake in the first place." Said Ruby, "Would you like anything to drink?" She asked.

"What do you have?" Wiess asked. "We have water, juice, and soda." Ruby said aloud. Then she leaned closer to wiess, "I also have alcoholic beverages stashed in my room." She whispered, gaining a look of almost disapproval.

"It's hard to believe you're of legal age to drink." Weiss said, "I'll have some water please." She said, sitting on the couch.

"Alright." Ruby said, then turned to the children. "Anything to drink, kids?" She asked, her head tilted to the side slightly.

"Apple juice, please!" Yang said happily, then turned to Blake.

Blake thought for a moment, "Um, can I have some milk?" She asked shyly, a small blush on her light skin.

Ruby gave a soft chuckle, "You don't have to be embarrassed about your choice of drinks." She told the girl, petting her on the head lightly, before going to the small kitchen.

"So, Blake, do you play any games?" Yang asked, hoping to play some games with the little faunas. Though, to her dismay, Blake shook her head.

"I don't really play games, Weiss says they are bad for your eyes." Blake told her, ignoring what Weiss saying not to call her by her name. "Besides, I like reading."

"Games are good for kids your age, blake." Ruby said, "I know they keep Yang here out of trouble. Not to say you get in trouble a lot, reading isn't something you can get in trouble for that easily." She handed the girl a cup with a lid, then handed the other to Yang.

"Thank you." Weiss said, taking the glass of water that was offered to her. "And to be fare, I just don't like blake playing those games. It's not good for their brains." The woman said.

They had a good day, Yang teaching Blake to play some of her favorite games, and the grown ups talking about random things. That is, until Weiss asked one question Ruby had not wanted to be asked.

"What college did you go to?" It was an innocent question, yes, but Ruby hadn't thought of ever being asked.

"I........I went to Beacon Academy. Until I had to drop out." She said softly, looking on at Yang with a soft smile on her face. Yang smiled at her sister, nd gave a small wave to her, before going back to helping Blake with the game they we're playing.

"What'd you ha e to drop out for?" Again, another innocent question.

"I had to take care of Yang. Our other was a drunk, and while I was at school, something happened. Yang won't tell me what happened, but I think the old man did something unforgivable. When I finally got there, some cops we're already there, and a few had followed me there. I was speeding to get to Yang. When I got out of my I ran over to the ambulance, looking to see Yang. Her clothes had been ripped, she had Rex marks all over her body, but the most noticeable things we're, the big purple bruise around her neck, and the blood from her lower area." Ruby whispered to the white hiared woman.