Axiom aches...

"Finally!" Violet screamed out. Annabelle had forgot what had even happened to her. Was she asleep?
"Where's mum and dad?" Annabelle asked with least bit of enthusiasm.
"Asleep. Mum said you were sleeping at school!" Violet snorted,she wasn't very caring to why her sister had been gone for 7 hours. She was quite surprised that her thought she slept in the school- everyone knows that's the last place she would be.

An icy shiver ran down her spine. The heating is turned to zero and she only had a mattress because they were re-decorating. Annabelle looks around her room and wonders why her family were careless towards her. She looks up at her neon quote tearing off of the wall: 'Never let anyone get you down'. Deciding to listen to the inspiration peeling off of her wall, she writes in her diary about this long and magical day;even being chased by the police resulted in her meeting Sid again even when she dreaded seeing him. After a long hour of overthinking, she dozes off with only a few hours to rest after an eventful day.

Annabelle's P.O.V
I slouch out of bed, wearing my faded pyjamas. It seemed silent around the house, not even a whisper to be heard. When I enter the kitchen, my parents and Violet are staring at me like they had just seen a ghost. What was happening? Was this another nightmare? My mum shoved the newspaper in my face. Tears trickling down her pale face. It read:
*Scavenging Rats*
An obscure girl runs away from house- multiple times. Found in near police stations, train stations, and garages.
Date- Wednesday 27th January
I stare blankly. Not knowing what to say. How did they know about it?
"I've contacted the writer of this article to see who sent it in, it was anonymous but I just don't know how people found out; it was months ago!" Mum informed, half embarrassed, half sympathetic.

Now it's my turn to tell the truth. Basically, a few months ago we had some family problems and I refused to face them so I began to run away and it was pointless because I came back in the mornings. At night was the most yelling. Anyway, it was every night for a month- my parents thought I was round my friends for a sleepover because her 'sister was away and she wanted company' until...an anonymous neighbour had threatened to inform the police that I was running away. My parents were shocked at this statement and if t believe it at first but when they went to Amelia's house I wasn't there. So they stopped fighting and I was too scared to leave the house.

I just don't get who would do it, it was nearly half a year ago. It couldn't of been the person who theeatened is. Could it? No. It could of been someone from my year, my parents could of known so refused to let me attend school incase I get bullied. It must of been someone I've seen recently, that has never spoken to me-or some one who wouldn't leave me alone. Trick me into their wicked lies...

This explains a lot: people staring because they thought I was a criminal. Why would they think that low of me? I'll confront them. Tomorrow. They won't see what hit them. Literally.

Annabelle had a day-off today aswell as her whole school. She didn't know if was relieved she wouldn't have to face them or annoyed that she couldn't show them she was innocent. It was only until her sister wasn't shouting 'Hurry up' that she didn't have school. The calming,soothing sound of the house relaxed her but she could hear the weeps of her mum. She secretly wondered why her mum was crying not her. Although she was affected hugely, she never usually showed emotions and she needed to show she was strong and care-less about the revealing news.

Her whole day was full of investigating. Who had done it? Her first suspects were her two close friends: Amelia and Sam, it was hard to decide whether it was or not because they had known about it but they swore not to and thy share many secrets so they would be more smart not to share bay secrets of her. Then, it was her family but especially Violet like last night she was teasing her about coming late. She shook her head at this madness, it was her family and they knew best. Lots of people came into her mind but they had no personal reason for it-Teachers(Except her History Teacher), neighbours, random people walking down the street- it just didn't add up.

Finally, last night- who had she met?

Annabelle's P.O.V
A lot of things happened last night. Police. Running away. Then it hit me. The person wouldn't leave me alone. Meeting more than once. Saving me for no reason. Taking me to the 'house'. I'm horrified to say this... But I think I've found my number one evil, deceiving culprit!

Author's notes-
Hey I hope you are enjoying this story and this chapter-I'm sorry if it seems bad but I had lots of ideas and I kind of rushed it:/ please give me feedback :)