Author's Note (Updated 2019)

Hello Readers!

This is a fan fiction both inspired by the Fox TV Show Lucifer. I thoroughly enjoy every moment of this show and love the idea of a relationship between Lucifer and Chloe. This fanficton was also inspired by Adele. I like to write and title my fanfictions based on songs that give me inspiration for the book. While I hate the song Hello with a passion (overplayed much?) I do love her song Love In the Dark and the lyrics inspire me to write scenes in this book.

So I think this book will follow the events of 1x04 because I think that is a good place to begin! Thank you and enjoy!

UPDATE (03/01/2019): Wow has this work ever gained an audience! I never imagined this many people would read this when I wrote it in 2016. That being said, I would like to clarify a few things. When I originally wrote this, it was four episodes into season 1 and there was a total of 4 Lucifer fanfics available between here and AO3. This means that I began writing this and had to fill in gaps for myself that the show had not yet developed (ex. Why Chole and Dan got divorced, why Amenadiel was acting shady, why Dan's character development showed him as an ***hole rather than the loveable character he has become today). I read every comment you post because I love to do so, but there are quite a few that point out "plot holes" in relation to events that take place in the canon of later seasons. All I ask is that if the characters seem or act OOC, if my 2016 S1 canon differs from 2019 S4 canon, please understand when this fic was written. I love all you readers so much and I hope you enjoy this work.