Chapter 16

This place was like a maze made up of cells and doors covered in chains. These silver links were hiding the evil inside behind the simplistic looking door. Chloe walks slowly, unsure of her footing in this foreign place. At first she thought that the white pieces falling from the grey sky were snowflakes. However, the smell surrounding this area was one of fire and smoke and what was falling was a bunch of ash. It was funny to think of ashes like snow, but it truly was. Brushing the larger flakes off her shoulders, Chloe carries onward. Not knowing what he destination is or why she is even here.

Her footing wasn't all that careful after all, as she easily trips over a large rock protruding from the ground. Soft hands hit the rough terrain and Chloe winces at the feeling of her skin ripping open. Sitting up, she checks herself over. Besides her hands being ripped apart she seems to be alright. What would really be great would be if someone turned down the heat in this place. Chloe felt like in a few moments she would have to shed all of her clothing just to cool down. Her leather jacket had already been left behind ages ago. Still Chloe walked on, confused still at where she was or what she was trying to accomplish.

When she squints into the void however, Chloe can make out a male figure within the darkness. Before she can even wonder who it is Chloe is faced with a laugh so evil and all too familiar. A chill makes its way down every inch of her vertebrae. This is the man whom she knew was corrupt but dropped the investigation anyway. In the long run it had cost multiple lives and threatened the safety of many more including her own, her daughter, and Lucifer. A man with a laugh that starts out like a wheeze before growing in capacity. A man Chloe thought she would never see of or hear of again.

The man was none other than Malcolm Graham.

"I have to admit, I'm shocked to see you here Chloe," Malcolm laughed. "Did Lucifer drag you down here with him?"

"What are you talking about Malcolm? Where am I?" Chloe demands.

Snorting, Malcolm simply answers "Chloe, welcome to Hell."

It all seemed to click now. The heat, the ashes, the cells and doors. But what was she doing here?

"Luckily for you," Malcolm continues. "I think you are just dreaming."

"Why would I dream of myself in Hell? I have no desire of being here, or seeing you for that matter," Chloe spat.

"Normally when mortals dream of themselves in Hell it is due to an Angel making them see things. It can be anything from a premonition to make the human think about their behavior and actions to using this as a form of torture that Angels can inflict upon mortals."

"Malcolm, your talking like a crazy person," Chloe assured. "Do you even hear yourself?"

Suddenly something within his dark eyes changes, and he quickly walks to where Chloe is standing. Chloe takes a few steps back, trying to put distance between the two of them and failing. "Unless," Malcolm begins, but he doesn't finish his sentence. Instead his brows furrow and that crazy laugh of his escapes his lips once more. Malcolm's hands curl around Chloe's left forearm and it burns her skin beneath. Crying out in pain, Chloe squirms under his grip but Malcolm's hands only grip harder. Holding her in place without any hope of release.

If this is a dream, why was she feeling pain? Panic grew from deep within Chloe. Like the demon Chloe could now assume Malcolm was, Malcolm's eyes no longer held irises or color or anything but black darkness. Looking into them was simply frightening. "Unless what?" Chloe screams out both out of pain and curiosity at what exactly Malcolm wanted with her.