One

"Sir?" Her voice was silky and void.
"Yes, my dear?" His eyes were full of unresolved emotion.
"Why is it always the best people who die?" She asked, her eyes reflecting the color of the upcoming dawn.
"When you are in a garden, oh dear Y/N, which would be the flowers of your choice?"
She paused, in deep thought for a moment, "The most beautiful ones, Sir."
"There you have your answer."

She gave a disgusted expression. The disappointment in her eyes was clear, with her furrowed eyebrows, as she watched her mentor steer clear of the row of arranged dead bodies and go towards the camp's Big House on his automatized wheel-chair.

She followed close by, watching as the body of her dead best friend, Lou Ellen, was being carried away by the medical staff of the Apollo cabin. Clovis was being dragged by Chris Rodriguez and Clarisse La Rue, and she wished she hadn't known why; both his legs were torn off. Lacy and Michelle were giving nectar and ambrosia to those who could tend themselves, and Annabeth was pacing around, taking notes about the reports of the battle. Her blond hair chopped up and filled with ash, her clothes hanging loosely and torn off her body, scars and blood everywhere.

Piper, her once wild eyes now dark and hollow, ran to her and embraced her, thankful to the gods that her best friend was alright, she herself with some ugly cuts on her legs. She clapped her lips to Annabeth's ear and whispered something that made the daughter of Athena weep in despair.

Everyone was taking part in this, because there weren't enough people left. The camp, which was always packed with the lively laughs and voices of hundreds of kids, was now empty and hollow, with only about sixty-eight campers. This was the result of a war with an unknown beginning and unidentified end against an unknown enemy.

"Y/N." She heard someone call her name and she turned to see who it was.
Jason Grace was walking towards her, a grim expression plastered on his face. Percy Jackson and Nico Di Angelo followed not too far behind, their shirts and pants torn. Percy even had his shoes missing.
"What's up?" She asked, and she immediately wished she hadn't.

Jason hesitantly handed over Leo's tool belt, and she laughed nervously, trying to hide her worry and push away the tape horrible scenarios rolling out in her mind "What's the meaning of this?" She asked as the other two approached.
"Your brother is dead dead."
Her sunset colored pupils shrunk, unable to believe the words that rolled effortlessly off her friend's tongue.

No picture, no words, no painting, no song, could express the sudden shot of pain that spread through her chest. She experienced a new found illness in her body, and collapsed from the sudden impact of it all.

Leo Valdez? Dead? No way...

She took the tool belt form Jason's hands and bent over, hugging it to her chest. Lou, her best friend, and Leo, her beloved brother.

They were both dead.