Eight

"Most of the pegasi are injured, so we are going to be embarking on regular horses." Called out Reyna, the immediately chosen leader of the group.

Katie was saying her goodbyes to Travis for now. It was all the same with Annabeth and Percy, who didn't seem to like it that they were in separate groups. Y/N spotted Frank by a corner, pulling out a picture of Hazel and kissing it, then rapidly hugging it to his chest. It must've been very painful for him. As it was with Nico, who had lost another sister he couldn't protect.

Jason walked up to her "I see you're hurt." He observed.
Y/N looked down at the bandage Nico had put for her this morning, "Yeah,"
"Well, be careful alright? We don't want to lose anybody this time." He looked at her with sincere eyes.
"Of course," he laughed nervously and put his arm around her, ruffling her tied up hair, "Who'd dare hurt you! The monsters would be so afraid they'd pee there none-existent pants."
"Jason!" Piper barked.
"What?" He gasped fearfully, her eyes burning.
"How dare you touch a girl's recently, and beautifully done hair?!" She roared, hugging Y/N to her big chest, suffocating her.

Piper pulled back, "Don't worry Y/N. I'll make it brand new." She assured.
She called out to Drew, whom she had finally come to terms with, and asked her if she could borrow a hairbrush.

Piper undid the bun, and ran the brush through Y/N's silky long hair, untangling all the strands Jason had messed up. Instead of redoing the bun once more, she braided Y/N's hair in a glimmering fishtail, pulling a blue feather from one of her own, and adding it to the bottom of the new one. For a finishing touch, she just willed the braid to shine and glitter.

She patted Y/N's head, "It's going to stay like that unless I want it undone. So no matter what happens, you will always have this art piece with you, taking a part of me with you wherever you go."

What does that mean? Y/N asked herself. Is she going somewhere?

"Glad to see you're joining us today." Called someone from behind.

Y/N turned to see the radiating smile of Will and the gruff figure of Clarisse. "You don't see much of the Hephaestus cabin these days." Said Will.
"Yeah, well, they're all either in the forges or fixing our battle ships. Gotta hand it to you guys," came Clarisse and placed her scarred palms on either of Y/N's shoulder, "You're the ones who're keeping us all together. You're doing what you do best, and that is keeping this machine of demigods from falling apart."

She was being strangely affectionate. What was wrong with everybody? Why were they acting this way? Y/N had a clue to the reason why, but she tried her best to deny it. She didn't want their pity, she didn't need it.

She saw Chiron and Mr. D coming from the Big House, with Wine Dude pushing Unicorn Man in his wheel chair (A/N: Why? Why did I do this?).
These two were acting peculiar as well. Why was Mr. D pushing Chiron and helping him? Why was Chiron not in his original centaur form?

"We came to wish you all good luck and give you a god's blessing." Said Chiron, and Percy bust out laughing.
"What?!" He giggled, "Who are you and what have you done with Mr. D?" Annabeth punched his arm, but that just made him laugh some more.
"For that, you and your members will not receive it." Mr. D crossed his arms and looked away, mockingly.

Reyna jumped at Percy, and tackled him onto the ground, pressing her knife to his throat, straddling his chest. "I've had enough of this nonsense Percy!" She yelled, her hair tickling his nose.
"Reyna.. I'm.. I'm gonna sneeze!" He said urgently and she pulled her knife away just as he surged forward into her stomach.

Y/N looked at the worried face of Annabeth, and wanted to burst out laughing as well. Why was she like this? She walked to her side, "Don't worry," she said, "I'll keep an eye on him for you."

They watched as Reyna pulled the clumsy demigod off the ground, and help him pick up his fallen items. "Besides, I don't think that Percy is the type of guy to do that sort of stuff." She reassured.
Annabeth sighed, "Thanks Y/N."
"No problem. That's what friends are for right?"
Annabeth hugged her "Be safe okay?"
"Okay."