CHAPTER 2

Hanging out with Sam and Dean became a regular thing in your life, to the point, you couldn't precisely pinpoint the moment you became friends. It just kinda happened. They were often found at your place since his dad was away every week and your mom loved the idea of you not spending your nights alone. You would cook for them, help Sam with homework. Help Dean with homework too; you were determined to get him graduated although he insisted you that wasn't going to happen.

It was around midnight when the doorbell went off. You hesitated to answer because, well, you didn't exactly live in the most secure part of town but the second you tiptoed to take a look at that peephole, you instantly opened the door. It was Dean.

"Hey, (Y/N), sorry to bother you," his voice was raspy, his eyes were slightly reddish, he had been crying. Sam was right behind him; he looked scared. "Can we—" he trailed off, and you didn't force him to continue. You just opened the door for them.

You called your mom to let them know something had happened as they ate microwaved dinner from earlier and she understood completely. You were too lucky to have her.

Once Sam was put to bed in the guest room, and you placed a mattress next to your bed for Dean, the two of you lay there with your eyes to the ceiling. His soft, characteristic cologne slowly soaked up the air of the room, but it felt nice. He stayed there silent for a moment until he began telling you all about the fight he had with his dad, how they were going to move out of the house they were renting because he had trashed to pieces last night when he came back stinking of booze. That he left again, for Dean to take care of the broken dishes and that he had decided they were going to stay in that motel room until he came back because there wasn't really anything else he could do.

Dean was never going to ask you to stay at your place, much less with Sammy; except he sort of did and you instantly took the hint. Your mom knew better than just leaving a kid in charge of a seventeen-year-old boy, living in a motel room, possible eating food out of a vending machine, so she was thrilled to have them. And when Dean refused because he didn't want to make any trouble, she didn't let him.

As things settled again in the next couple of weeks, and there was an apparent apology from Dean's dad, things were slowly going back to normal at their place. They still hang out mostly at your home, and you made sure to feed them vegetables because if it were for them, they would eat cereal every day. And I'm not sure when did it happen either, but you started to fall for Dean. Slowly but hard and steady.

He flirted with you, unapologetically. And often, you would play his game, knowing it didn't really have the same effect on him that it had on you. Knowing this was only sinking you deeper into a hole you weren't sure you were going to be able to climb out after it was all over.