Chapter three || The studio

Noah's PoV
"DADDY...are we nearly there yet?!"
Oh god is she loud! I turn the radio down so she could hear me in the back before saying
"Yep. We're here now actually."
As I pull up to the studio and pull the car to a stop, I look over at Sophia. She is in her car seat with a soft teddy bear in one hand and...wait! Oh dear! That's not good! There in her other hand was one of Richelle's favourite lipsticks. I warily glanced at Richelle only to see her daydreaming at something outside. I quickly turned back to Sophia and whispered softly.
"Monkey, what are you doing with that?"
Pointing towards the lipstick in her grasp. "Mommy will have a fit when she sees you have that. Give it to me!"
I say sternly. She stares at me with confusion before looking down at the lipstick in her hand. She looks up at me again and now I can see that she has her eyebrows furrowed and her lips in a pout. Oh god no! I know exactly what's about to happen now. I mentally prepare myself...
"NOOOOOOOO"
She yells crossly. From the corner of my eye I see Richelle has broken out of her trance and was now looking around for the noise. Her eyes finally rested on Sophia in the back of the car.
"What is going on here? What is all this screamin...is that my lipstick?!"
Her voice is loud and angry. Her eyes are stern and her mouth is in a thin line .
"SOPHIA ANNE KATE ERLICK! What are you doing with my lipstick?!"
I watched as she cowered backwards against her car seat and stared at Richelle.
"Well? Why did you take my lipstick?"
Said Richelle sternly. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked crossly at Sophia. Sophia whimpered before muttering
"I..I...wanted to be...be like yo...you!"
She cried out. I watched as tears started to fall from her eyes. Oh Sophia! Don't cry. I looked over to Richelle only to see her eyes soften as she leaned over to touch her knee.
"Oh Phia! Don't cry darling! It's alright, mummy didn't mean to be angry. Shush now!"
Said Richelle softly. She continued to stroke her knee and calm her down. Maybe I should do something...
"Hey monkey! Want to go get a smoothie before practise?"
I say happily with a smile on my face. I watch as she sniffled before nodding her head. I gave a quick smile to Richelle before getting out of the car and picking Sophia out of her car seat. I closed the door before walking to the passenger side window and tapping on it lightly. I waited for Richelle to roll down the window and when she did I said
"Hey, are you coming with us?"
She was quiet for a few minutes before mumbling.
"No...umm I think I'll just head up to the studio. Ya know talk to Riley before baby ballet starts..."
She said nervously. That's strange! She loves to get a pre-rehearsal smoothie. I furrowed my eyebrows before saying.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I need to talk to Riley anyway now go....go get Sophia a smoothie before she starts to cry again"
She says jokingly. I'm not sure...
"Come on, daddy!"
Says Sophia impatiently. I look back down at Richelle only to see her nodding her head in agreement. Well ok then. I wonder what's up with her?

In the A studio
Riley's PoV
Me and Giselle were stretching on the ground, chatting about everything and anything. Auditions. Sophia. The Next Step. The latest marital status of some of are old team mates. Did you know Stephanie married Charlie? Charlie. As in guitar playing, coffee hating Charlie. The one I went on a date with. Ugh, don't remind me of that failure. We also were talking about the current A troupe. Such as Piper, James little sister and my soon to be step-sister. Yes! You heard right! Me and James are getting married! And by the looks of it, it will probably be before Noah and Richelle. Those two have been engaged for nearly four years and they still haven't tied the knot. I'm shocked! It's not like they have much stopping them now.
Oh! Here comes the source of my thoughts now. I watched as Richelle came stumbling in to the studio. Her head was down and it looked like she was in deep thought. I noticed she was about to trip over my dance bag which I had left on the floor beside one of the beaches so I shouted towards her.
"HEY RICHELLE! Watch out!"
Richelle stopped suddenly and looked at the bag millimetres from her feet. What's wrong with her? I quickly got up from the floor and started to walk towards her. Her face was still facing the floor but I noticed tears were falling down her face. Oh god! Why is she crying? I walked quicker towards her and placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Hey Richelle. Are you ok? Why are you crying?"
I asked her in concern. At the sound of my voice Richelle looked up at me. Her eyes were wide and her mascara had run. She opened her mouth and closed it again before gulping. Then she said it. Something I did not expect.
"I..I think I might be pregnant."

Enjoy guys 😘