Chapter thirteen || Waking up

Thank you so much guys for over 3k views on this story. I appreciate it a lot. Thank you 💕

Richelle's PoV
Ugh. Where...where am I? I carefully peel my body from the soft comfort underneath me, blinking once, twice, to clear my eyes of any debris. Oh! So that's where I am! My room. Yes, yes of course. There's my wardrobe and my vanity. Pictures of me, Noah and Sophia also. But the real question is....how did I get here? I...I don't remember anything! Nothing at all! But why...why do I feel like my stomach has been attacked a thousands times over. Ugh. It's so sore.
"Oh Richelle....your awake!"
Huh? Suddenly something crossed over my eyes and I heard a squeak from the bed as a soft pressure was pressed into the mattress. Who...who is that? The voice was deep and rough. A voice I heard a million times over yet was not tired of. Never will I be tired of that voice.
"Are you okay? You've been out for a few hours..."
Said the voice softly. I carefully looked up, my eyes boring into his. My Noah! His usual vibrant eyes are tired looking and his hair looks tousled. He looks worried? Scared even? I stare at him with confusion. What do you mean I've been out for hours? I can't have been! I was in the garden only a few seconds ago. He gently grabs my hands, giving them a squeeze before bringing one hand up and cupping my cheek. He runs soft circles into my skin with the pad of his thumb and I can't help but move closer, pushing my cheek into his hand. He looks down at me with sympathy.
"Do you not remember?"
He asks softly. No! No I don't. I shake my head.
"You passed out from a bad case of morning sickness. You almost fell...luckily mum came or you could have hurt yourself.."
What? I...I don't remember any of that. Did I really? Wait! Nancy? Nancy saw me fall? Nancy caught me? Shit! Oh god! She's going to start asking questions. I'm doomed. I place my head into the palm of my hands in disbelief, groaning slightly. I'm going to have to tell her something or she'll start asking questions. But...but what? I can't tell her I'm pregnant. Well not yet anyway. I can always just tell her that I ate som.....no no no! I can't do that. Stupid! Stupid Richelle! Ugh. I'm just going to have to tell her the truth and admit to my doom. I can feel the tears start to fall from my eyes.
"Oh Ritchie, what's wrong?.."
Said Noah softly, bringing me into a hug. I grab tightly to his shirt, burrowing my head into his chest. I don't answer him. I focus on my crying. Every now and then I would gasp for air or hiccup slightly. Noah just stroked my hair as a source of comfort, from the roots to the tips, never missing a single strand.
And so we sit. On our bed. Noah's arms wrapped around my waist while I snuggled into his chest. I like to imagine what we look like from above, as if a hole has been made in the roof and I was looking straight down. How would people interpret the situation when they don't know the full story? After a few minutes, Noah falls backwards bringing me with him. We land gently on the soft mattress and Noah pulls the covers over us. What did I do to deserve him? I know we didn't get together in the most natural way. I mean it did take a pregnancy...
      However as we lay, I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something...or someone. Crap! Sophia! I quickly spring up from the sheets, scrambling the covers away from my body. Noah, looks up at me with confusion.
"Ritchie, what's wrong?.."
I can't help but feel like he has repeated himself. I remember him asking me this question earlier. I quickly place my feet on the floor. Unfortunately for me, trying to stand after spending hours in bed is very hard. I fall. My knees buckling underneath my feet as I crash to the floor with a BANG.
"Ritchie!"
Noah yells in concern. I hear the squeak of the bed as he quickly gets up before tumbling towards me. Ugh. My knees hurt. Why? Why me? This has been the worst day ever! Noah lands beside me on the floor, placing a gentle hand on my upper arm.
"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?"
He asks quickly. His eyes are wide in concern. Forget about me! I need to see Sophia. NOW! I nod my head rapidly.
"Yeah! Yeah I'm okay. Don't worry about me. I need to see Sophia..."
I start to move up onto my knees but I'm stopped short momentarily by Noah who pushes me softly back down.
"Don't worry? Don't worry?! Never tell me not to worry about you Richelle! Have you forgotten? It's not just you I have to protect now. I also have to protect our unborn baby. Now! Where does it hurt?..."
He says forcefully, his voice softening at the end. Oh! I forgot. Ugh. This is torture. First the morning sickness and now this. I don't know how much more I can take. I groan before pointing to my knee.
"My knee.."
I say softly.
"My knee hurts.."
I say quietly. I don't want to seem weak, because I'm not. I'm strong. I'm Richelle! I watch as Noah looks down at my knee tenderly. Next thing I know, he is leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss against my knee. He cups the back of it, his rough fingers sending tingles down my spine. His lips are smooth and feather light. I can hardly feel his touch but it's there and it makes me moan. This was nice. He places kiss after kiss on my knee and I can't help but enjoy it. I place my fingers in his hair, gently massaging his scalp. For a moment...I feel like a normal teenager, even though I'm not a teen. I'm twenty. Is this what life would have been like without a child? What am I thinking? Life is not life without Sophia. I was slowly starting to relax when suddenly
"IS EVERYONE OKAY?!"

I hope you enjoyed this chapter