The date

Chapter 25: The date

Kit's POV

I got a text last night lie around 1:30 in the morning from glitch saying I had to wake up at 9:30 and pack an overnight bag just in case because he's taking me somewhere special today. Hmm... wonder where though? At least I know my dad doesn't care. It was a beautiful morning in New York, all sunny and happy. Nothing could make it gloomy, not one bit. Beside the cold but oh well what should I expect? It's the middle of February. I put on a mint green crop top with a pink tank to go under it. I put on my special head band and my high waisted grey jeans. I then grabbed my red hightop converse and slid those on. My outfit was so different.  It is now 10:00 am and I haven't even eaten breakfast because I have no idea where I'm going so I kept messing with my hair and trying to pick out my 'casual' outfit. And boy oh boy was that difficult. I then hear a knock at the door. Assuming it's my dad but when I said "Come in!" Glitch came in with a whole different outfit that seemed so familiar. I then remeber it was an outfit that we met in. Awe that was too sweet. 

"Ready to go?" He asked scratching the back of his neck. 

"Ready as I'll ever be. " I grab my phone and put it in my back pocket as I grab 10 $ from my wallet and my bag and head out.  He grabbed my hand as we walked out of the building. 

"So.. where do you want to go?" He began as we walked down the street with our fingers intwined with eachothers.

"I want to eat! Let's go right over there to that cafe and get something to eat. Sorry I was too busy worrying about how I looked to eat."

"Well you certainly didn't need a lot of time because you look perfect, just the way you are." I blush madly at this as we cross the busy street of New york city. Once we head into the cafe' I order an Ice coffee while Glitch just asks for black coffee? Eww! ARE YOU KIDDING I have to have mocha and cream and sugar and milk and all that jazz and all he wants is black? Sometimes I don't understand him.  We finish our energizing drinks and head back out to the street. 

"But really Kit, what do you want to do today?"

"Hmmm... Honestly, I'm cool with anything. Wait! Oh I got the perfect thing. Two words, can you guess?"

"No. What are they?"

"Roller-skating" His eyes widened as I whistled a taxi over. " Oh c'mon, don't tell me you don't know how to roller-skate." He just looked down at his hands. 

"I never done it before."

"Well it will be fun! Don't worry lots of 14 almost 15 year old boys have never even hear the word roller-skating before. " He looked up at me with hopeful eyes and said to me, 

"I hope so otherwise you will see me make the biggest fool out of myself. Just saying. "

"Hey, you guys wanna go roller skatin' huh?" The taxi driver asked us. 

"Um yea. Know any good places?" I asked him. 

"Oh I got the poifect place for you's. It only be's 10 minutes from here's . You's wan' in?"

"Better believe it. Drive away. "  I say as we hop intot he taxi. We then drive off. Glitch is acting really weird today What.. the heck?   I then get the gut to ask him, " Glitch, are you okay? You seem off today." I look at him concerned. He looks up from fidling with his fingers and stares at me with a worried look. 

"Kit, I-I don't want you to feel embarassed when you see me skate. It's really bad."  I then hug him." What was that for?"

"Are you serious? You are going to let my embarassment that will NEVER happen get the best of you? No way! My day is going to perfectly right now. Nothing can ruin it. " I reasure him.  His sad face curled into a smile.