Chapter Eleven: Fall To Pieces

POV from Jordyn

I was skipping school today. I didn't need a reason to see Tom. I didn't need a reason to be made fun of. I didn't need a reason to cut again. I was about to go back to sleep when the phone rang. I grunted and rolled onto my stomach. 

"Hello?" I whispered, my voice cracking a little. 

"Jordyn." said a soft voice. I blinked. 

"Hey, Ben." I smiled to myself and covered myself a little bit. "What's up?" 

Ben laughed dryly. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I made a noise and shifted a little so the phone was in between me and the pillow. 

"Shut up, Ben." I grinned. "I hate school. You know that. Anyways. I didn't want to see Tom." 

"Oh." Ben's response sounded bleak. "There's something I need to tell you. And it's important." 

I sighed and glanced at my clock. It was a little after one. "What is it?" 

Ben was silent for a few seconds and he sighed deeply. I frowned. What was wrong with him?

"I...erm...I got really drunk last night." Ben sounded conflicted. "And...I messed up. Really bad." 

"Ben..." I whispered. "You're scaring me." 

Ben gave a shaky breath and he coughed a little. "I had sex with another girl. I'm so sorry-" 

I didn't want to hear anymore. I hung up on him and threw the phone at the wall. Thank God my dad was away right now at his other office in Newton. He would have yelled at me. I gritted my teeth and felt tears pricking at my eyes. Ben cheated on me. Why did he do this to me?  

I heard the phone ring again, but I didn't answer it. I knew who it was. It was Ben. I ignored it. 

Ring. I stood up to the bathroom. 

Ring. I stripped down to my underwear.

Ring. I started the tub. 

Ring. I grabbed my knife. 

Ring. I climbed into the tub. 

Ring. I cut into my skin. 

Ring. I'm gone.