Chapter Two: Wishing You Were Here

POV from Ben

She had brown hair. It was slightly curled and her smile was brilliant. She looked beautiful. I rarely called people beautiful, seeing how most people I knew were slags. She smiled at me as she left, blushing a little. I knew she was probably off limits seeing how she looked so young. I turned to Tom Ash and smirked in his direction. 

"Who was that?" I asked, sounding bored. "Your girlfriend?" 

Ash laughed at my comment and shook his head carefully. 

"No, that's my daughter." 

I tried to stay emotionless. God, she was definitely off limits now. My shrink's daughter? Ugh. Anyways, Sam probably had his eye on her seeing how dinner was an 'Ash-tradition' and Dr. Ash was his therapist. I sighed and leaned back into the couch. 

"So, what do you think could be causing you this stress?" Dr. Ash asked, crossing his legs. I rubbed my head and bit at my lip rings. It gave me a sort of comfort. I rolled my eyes and fidgeted. 

"Maybe touring and all the girls I've seen...I mean...they just tackle you to the ground, you know what I mean?" I looked at him curiously. He laughed, shaking his head. 

"I wish I could understand." he chuckled. I laughed along with him. 

"Dinner!" Called the voice of Jordyn. I smiled and smelled the sweet smell of...chicken?

"Alright! Thanks!" came Dr. Ash's reply. Then he smiled at me. "Ready?" 

"Sure." I replied, pulling my phone from my pocket. Sam was going to pick me up later and I was texting him, saying I was staying for dinner. Sam responded with: 'Ash-Traditon' and told me he would pick me up later.

Jordyn was setting the table when we walked in. She poured some water for us and left the jug of milk on the table. Then she pulled out some wings from the oven. She had broiled chicken wings? That's pretty cool. 

"Thanks, Jordyn." Dr. Ash said, smiling. She smiled back. 

"Thanks, Jordyn." I mimicked, smiling at Jordyn. She grinned wider. 

"Okay, eat up, guys." She said, pulling two wings on her plate. I ate, watching her. She ate like a normal person, not like my old girlfriends. They were dainty and didn't want to dirty their hands or eat too much. They'd eat two bites and announce that they're full and sit there drinking water for the rest of the meal. She was eating like one of the guys. Normally. I admired her for that. 

"Ben?" asked Dr. Ash's voice. I snapped my head up and looked at Tom who was smiling at me. "Did you hear me?" 

"Uh...no?" I asked, my ears heating up slightly. Dr. Ash chuckled. 

"I was asking about your friends. You're about to go on tour. I was asking how they are?" 

"Oh." I replied, playing with my food. "They're good. Danny's kind of being an arse now, but that's alright. It's a given." I grinned when Jordyn laughed. 

"Who's Danny?" She asked, her elbows on the table. Tom gently scolded her and she made a face, pulling her arms in towards herself. 

"He's my band-mate." I replied. 

"What band?" she was interested. 

"Asking Alexandria." 

"Oh! I've heard of them...I mean, you..guys..." She trailed off, blushing. "Yeah. I used to have this massive crush on James and his drooms." 

I laughed. "That's good for his ego. James is always the one in the corner..." She laughed along with me. Dr. Ash took a drink from his water. 

"You said you played guitar?" he asked, setting his glass down. I nodded. 

"Yeah. I play the lead guitar. Cam plays the rhythm. Sam plays the bass. James, he drums and Danny sings." I explained. Dr. Ash smiled. 

"Jordyn plays the guitar too." Dr. Ash said, nodding to his daughter. I smiled at her and she blushed. 

"You do? What's your favorite song you like to play?" 

She blushed even deeper. "I play the song Wishing You Were Here by Pink Floyd." She shook her head. "But I'm not that good at it." 

"Nonesense." I replied, leaning over. "You have to start somewhere, right?" 

"Why don't you two play with each other?" Dr. Ash suggested. Jordyn sank in her seat as I perked up. 

"That's a good idea. Do you have two guitars?" I asked, enjoying the fact that she was super shy now. It was adorable. 

"I do." she mumbled. I grinned. 

"Well, let's play then!" 

Her eyes widened slightly. 

"I'll clean up." Dr. Ash offered. She began grumbling and she walked off to her room and returned with two acoustics. I smiled easily at her as she nodded to the couch. We sat there and she handed me a guitar. 

"You start." I told her, tuning the guitar slightly. I knew she gave me the one she rarely used, seeing how the one in her hands looked worn. She gave a heavy sigh. 

"Alright." 

She began to play the intro. Halfway through her intro, I started to do the part two guitar part. They sounded beautiful together. When it was time to sing, I opened my mouth, about to sing, but she beat me to it. 

"So, so you think you can tell, heaven from hell?" She began to sing the song with ease and she looked at me through her eyelashes. I smiled at her and hummed some harmony. She blushed and continued the song. She was gorgeous. Her voice was an angels. Could it be possible? Could I be falling for her already?