24. Trouble

A/N: Let me know if you find typos. I wrote in a half-asleep daze.

Sang

"Luke?" I called him for the upteenth time to snap him out of his daze. It was normal for him to be lost in his own chocolate castle above the cotton candy clouds, but something felt off. Slightly bothered, I studied him closely.

He was texting North a while ago while we waited for Gabriel to show up with 'the perfect all-natural lip-gloss that's not too dark nor too light, perhaps with a blend of peach and strawberry with lavender oil extract' and stuff I couldn't keep track of anymore. I didn't understand why he would go to such great lengths to dress me up for an evening party.

Why wouldn't a normal lip-gloss do?

Luke and I waited, seated in Victor's study, dressed up in a blue tuxedo and a midnight blue dress that I have no idea how Gabriel managed to get in such a short amount of time. North went to replace Victor in a room downstairs where they could monitor the great hall where the party would take place. Victor, being able to hack through polite security, was able to access all the cameras in no time. Mr. Blackbourne was arranging three invitation cards to party, which would be of no trouble because of Victor's social status.

It's time we had a face-to-face talk with Mr. Hendricks, who will be there at the party and would not be able to make a move amidst an affluent crowd. Dr. Green will be in his car in front of Mr. Hendrick's house, one of the bigger houses in Charleston, just in case Jay and Danielle have been kept there. Gabriel will be keeping an eye on the cameras in the Great Hall from Victor's house all by himself. North and Silas will be on standby in separate vehicles, ready to rush anywhere when given orders.

Victor, Luke and I are attending the party as guests. Victor because it would be normal for him to be there, and Luke and I because Mr. Hendricks doesn't know us.

Kota and and Mr. Blackbourne will, meanwhile, sniff around trying to find out Mr. Hendrick's recent activities.

It really was convenient having a big team in some ways.

"Trouble!" Gabriel came in holding what looked like a lipstick container. Because he was looking at me, I understood that he called me Trouble.
I looked at him quizzically. "Trouble?" "What happened?" Luke asked, back to earth.
Gabriel blinked, then smiled, "Nothing."
"But you said there was trouble," Luke reminded.
"I'm calling her Trouble," Gabriel answered, indicating me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion while Luke laughed.
"Aw, isn't that cute, Sang?" Luke seemed back to normal now. The tension left his shoulders and his eyes held mirth.
I found myself rolling my eyes, "When have I ever given you trouble?"

Gabriel winked, causing a fluttering feeling somewhere within me, like somebody just tickled my insides and it's making me excited.

"You're always getting me into trouble," he said with a smirk, "I'm in shit-deep trouble right now as we speak."

I felt Luke stiffen, but he instantly relaxed as he flashed me a smile, "It's fitting. I'm in trouble too." His goofy grin melted my heart and I decided to not ask what he meant.

"Okay. Gotta fix your hair and do your lips now. Get that sweet ass of yours to the bathroom," he ordered.
"Yeah, do her lips while I wait here,' Luke said in a light tone.

Did they not understand the other meaning that could be associated with that phrase? I blushed at the very thought of it and quickly made my way to the bathroom with the fashion expert following. Get it together, Sang!

"Are you sure about this?" I asked as Gabriel started massaging Victor's homemade shampoo onto my hair. I was bending over the basin so that Gabriel could wash it.