God, public bathrooms are the worst.

God, public bathrooms are the worst, but this coffee shop keeps it neat. Like, this is nicer than my own house's bathroom.

After I finish peeing and wash my hands, I push open the bathroom door and instinctively wipe my hands on my jeans. Germs are everywhere.

I turn the corner and head to where Dale and I were sitting, and stop. My breath catches in my throat. Sitting next to Dale, in my spot, is Jewelianne Vargas. Her flaming red hair is in a tight bun atop her head and she's in business clothes, both her back and Dale's are turned to me. I slowly walk over and sit down across from them both.

Jewel looks up quickly and shock instantly spreads across her face. We stare at each other for a few moments.

"This... This is your boss..?" I ask quietly, not tearing my gaze away from her.

"Y-yes. Jewel is my boss."

"What are you doing here?" Jewel whispers, her eyes narrowing.

"Dale is my... Dale's my... Friend."

"You know each other?" Jewel asks, eyes narrowing. "Do you know what he's done," she pauses, "Lewis? Do you know who he is?" I look over to Dale, who's staring down at the ground.

"He's the one I took advantage of, the one who I got drunk and cheated on you with. How can you not know that? How could he not tell you?" She says, seething.

"W-what? Dale?" He doesn't look at me. His fists clench together as do his teeth.

"You... You said it was me who used you, not the other way around. You... You took advantage of me? You got me drunk? It makes sense now. I would never do that to anyone. You knew I was lonely, you knew I had no one else," He begins to shake angrily.

So... Jewel used Dale. She got him drunk and used him. It's her fault we broke up, not mine or Dale's or anyone else's. He's.. He's the guy I saw her with.

"I don't blame anyone but Jewel. Don't beat yourself up over it," I say directly to Dale. He looks up at me, and I smile. "It wasn't your fault."

Jewel sits there looking back and forth at Dale and I with her mouth open in disbelief. She attempts to say something but I interrupt her quickly.

"Well, I don't see any more need for me to see this bitch, ever again," I say, standing up. "I'll see you at home, Dale, hope your business meeting goes well."

As I open the door to walk out of the coffee shop I realize something. Dale and I aren't just friends. Why would I call him just a friend, then?

I turn around and walk over to Dale quickly. He looks up, confused, and I grab him by the collar of his shirt. I pull him into a deep, passionate kiss, rubbing my hand on his jaw. I pull out after a few seconds, Jewel's eyes wider than I thought was humanly possible. I then lean back, turn around, and walk out of the coffee shop without another word.