Explanations

RECAP:

"Stop it, please..." I whispered one last time, as sleep conquered me, the image of Kwenda's lifeless body etched freshly in my mind.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Get up you lazy boy. You're going to school today. Stupid boy." My father's voice penetrated my mind as I opened my eyes, to see his figure retreating out the door. I cracked my neck, and got up, changed, and ran downstairs. 

"You're walking today boy. You're fat." My father nodded at me disapprovingly. 

I didn't respond, and he walked up to me and slapped me. 

"Ry?" Arianna's voice called out in confusion, "Daddy, why did you slap Ry?"

"Ari, go outside."

"But Ry-"

"Go Ari" I repeated, my gaze still focused on the man who was my father.

'Ryley...You Can't let him hurt you like that..." Kwenda's voice was back

I ignored her, and grabbed my bag, storming out of the house, picking Arianna up on the way up.

"Ry, Where are we going?"

"Somewhere else Ari." I responded.

I placed her in the passenger seat, strapped her seatbelt on, and went to the other side, doing the same to myself. I drove off, full of fury, knuckles clenched on the steering wheel, and an angry look on my face. 

'Ryley?'

'Go Away' I told Kwenda in my mind.

'Look Ryley, You have to calm down. You're way over the speed limit. You're putting Arianna in danger.'

'Ha, you're one to talk. So angry at the world, you decided to kill yourself. Smart idea.' i told Kwenda sarcastically.

'It's not that bad being dead. Better than being alive that's for sure.'

I stopped the car in some woods, and looked to the passenger seat. Arianna was asleep.  I went to the back, pulled out a blanket, and draped it over her shoulders. I kissed her on the forehead gently, and returned to my seat.

'Why did you do it?' I finally asked Kwenda after a long silence.

'Do what? Kill Myself?'

'Yeah'

'Well, if you were me, would you have done it?'

Silence. I didn't have an answer.

'It was me, wasn't it?'

'Well, not the whole reason'

'Tell me the truth.' I sighed angrily, running my fingers through my hair.

'Fine. Yeah, the majority of it was because I was sick of it. The whispers in the halls during school. The threatening glares the cheerleaders gave me. The shoving and name-calling the jocks gave me.'

'Do you hate me?' I asked her curiously, sure of the answer awaiting me.

The voice seemed to pause for a moment. 'No' it replied.

'Why? You should hate me.' I said, curiosity laced in my voice.

'Well.. Do you ever get that feeling when.. you just want to hate someone, but you can't? Or when let's say Arianna does something and you just want to kill her, and you feel as though you'd hate her for the rest of your life, but you just can't?'

'Yeah' I nodded, not sure of where this was going.

'Well, that's kinda how it is. I want to hate everybody who's hurt me... But I can't. I just feel like maybe they don't know any better. If everyone was bullied in their life, then they would understand that it's not okay, that inside the people who are bullied feel horrible.. But they don't. They don't know any better. They're like children who don't know what's right or wrong... but the people who have felt the impact bullying takes on them are mature, like adults. Do you get what I mean?'

'Yeah.' I nodded again, finally seeing her point.

'Ha, pretty deep stuff huh. Who would've thought that the mighty Ryley Harred would talk to outcast Kwendle Jodes?'

'I'm not mighty.' I sighed

'I've seen' she chuckled.

'But what are you doing here exactly? Shouldn't you have gone to heaven or something? Or the light thing that ghosts see in the movies?' I asked her. 

'Well actually, this part's quite complicated.. Apparently, I'm supposed to see this big light, and I'm supposed ti be drawn to it.. Kinda like mosquitoes...' she spoke again, 'but all I can see is this horrific darkness, and a few ghosts and stuff. Oh, and there's this picture kinda playing out in my head-that's you and your life. There's like this bar on the side.. like a photo editor..It's actually quite interesting. From who I've talked to, the newbies who have died recently, have to help out troubled people. So... I'm apparently supposed to be helping you.'

'Jolly good.' I replied sarcastically.

'Oh, and you have to help me too.. Don't know how, or what you're supposed to help me with.. Apparently, for me to see the light, you have to finish helping me.'

'Nice. I'm Sorry Kwenda. For saying all those things to you. And for this.' I replied. Silence was kept, and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

'Goodnight Ryley Harreds.' her voice sang out. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! 

So, I hope you liked this chappie, cause I loved writing this one :)

It was mainly about seeing the vulnerable and easy going Ryley.

Please Fan, Vote, Comment, and Like.

Thank you!!! :D