CH 18: Good Night, Good Bye

Luna's POV:

After we ate lunch at the town's nearest In N Out.. Well the town's only In N Out, James and I decided to pay Mommy and Daddy a visit after the garden.

And now we're laying down on the grass just pointing out weird looking clouds. Some families, couples, friends, and other people who are by themselves were doing the same. You could hear children laughing and feel happiness everywhere.

"Look! That one looks like a fat horse!," I point out which had James think weirdly of me.

He smiles his big white smile and winks at me

He smiles his big white smile and winks at me. I remember coming here at least once a week with Mommy and Daddy including my brothers. Everyone would have so much fun. Then we'd all pick one flower of our choice so Mommy and I could make a flower crown.

But after the accident, my brothers and I started to go less often. It felt different without Mommy and Daddy. Like something was missing.

I remember the first time we came here without Mommy and Daddy, I started to break down and cried my eyes out. My brothers immediately took me home and I guess that's the reason why we rarely go here now.

James suddenly sits up out of no where and looks around with narrowed eyes.

"James? Is everything okay?,"I ask.

James stays quiet and looks around the area. There were just flowers, trees, bushes, and regular people mixed with pack members. He then stops looking around and stands up. James picks me up and drags me.

"Wait James! Where are we going?,"I ask.

"They've found us,"he answers as he walks faster and pulls me along with him. I almost trip and fall too but he just keeps going.

What does he mean? Who's found us?

James pulls me on his back, carrying me and he immediately starts running. What's happening?! He keeps changing directions, running faster with me on his back.

We stop at a clearing with no one around us. Suddenly he places me down on my feet and goes in front of me. I don't understand! What's happening?

"Luna no matter what happens, just run okay? Don't look back. Someone's going to be coming now but don't be afraid. Just remember that I love you okay baby?,"he says quietly. He looks back at me and kisses my forehead.

Tears starts to form in my eyes as I sniffle.

"I love you too James,"I whisper and I hug his back. Then we heard a twig snap.