Chapter Two

She listened for the door to close over there before drawing in a deep breath and walking towards right, going to a door that wasn't on the same side as the next set of stairs. She unlocked it with the new key that they found in the library then opened it up, closing it behind her and gasping as Prussia and Spain screamed. She shushed them urgently and quickly locked the door behind her, her heart racing as she backed away from the door, going towards the other two countries.

Once he realized who she was, Spain immediately grabbed her and hugged onto her tightly, "I'm so glad your safe!" He wailed a little bit.

Prussia punched his shoulder after that and hissed, "Stop being so loud, Spain! You might alert that thing!"

She smiled at the Spaniard and giggled, "It's good to see you too...~"

Prussia hurried towards them both and started looking her over, "Are you hurt anywhere, Iowa!? Where's Japan and West!?"

Spain put her down after the Prussian asked that and said, "Yeah! And have you seen Roma or Ita yet?"

She shook her head at Spain, "I haven't found those two yet, but the good news is Germany and Japan are safe."

She smiled at them and they sighed a bit before Spain started shifting in place, "But what about Ita and Roma!?"

Prussia slapped his shoulder again, hissing, "Quiet!"

She drew in a deep breath when he mentioned that, "They're going to be fine... Romano is always prepared for the worst and he can keep a level head pretty well... Italy will always cling to his brother whenever he's around, so they're most likely together."

Spain and Prussia glanced at each other and nodded, "Right." They both murmured softly.

She smiled slightly, "Both of you just need to calm down a little bit, 'kay?" She drew upwards from the corners of her mouth and grinned widely at them, "Smile!~"

Spain smiled as she did that and Prussia smiled, though it looked more like a smirk, and he nodded, "You're right... Now, let's..." His voice trailed off and his eyes widened a bit.

Spain's body tensed up a bit and she turned towards the door, "... It's out there...!" Spain whispered in a panicked manner.

Prussia hissed at him again, drawing his sword, "I told you to be quiet and you wouldn't listen...!"

Iowa shot a glare at both of them, "Both of you calm down, I locked the door." She drew her fencing sword and bared her teeth, "Though it's better to be safe then sorry..." Spain pulled out his axe and took a fighting stance, which all of them waited as the door rattled and shook, their hearts beating wildly in their chests before the noises died down. "..."

Spain slowly eased out of his fighting position, "Is it gone...?"

She shook her head. "We have no choice..." She drew in a swift breath, "How fast are you both...?"

Spain and Prussia blinked before the Prussian said softly, "We were fast enough to outrun it the first time, why? You suggesting we run?"

She nodded, "I'll do something and I want you two to run like mad men towards the room on the right of the stairs going down. Germany and Japan are there... They're both expecting me to return... So, tell them not to worry." She grinned widely, "I've got an idea that should keep this thing busy for a little bit at the least...~" She drew in a deep breath before letting it out quickly, "Ready guys?" They nodded, putting their weapons back as she unlocked the door.

"Three... Two... One... RUN!" She flung the door open and rushed at the monster, while they dashed past her and the beast. She kicked the strange beast into the wall and running towards the room, which Spain and Prussia were waiting outside of the door. "GO IN!" She screeched, hearing the creature stomping around, trying to catch up to them after being knocked down. She pushed them inside once they opened the door and landed on top of them in a pile. She was glad the door shut behind them and she laid on top of the two, panting wildly.