Chapter Eight

Lovino stared at her with a sharp glare in his eyes, "Oh HELL no! You're not going on your own--"

She looked at him with a serious look in her eyes, "If it catches any of you, I won't forgive myself..." She put her mochi on his shoulder, which the small creatures got a bit closer, watching her with wide, confused eyes. She drew in a deep breath and sighed, "Grab the lists and head for the front door..." She coughed, a little bit and drank from the canteen that Ludwig had given her earlier. "Okay..." She started stretching a little bit. "I'll at least walk down to the front door with you all... But I'm pushing that button..."

Lovino grabbed her shoulders, "Jessica, I swear to God..." He looked hurt by her decision, but he sighed and kissed her on the lips for a few moments, Francis "honhonhon"-ing a bit before wheezing when Arthur slammed his elbow into his stomach. He pulled away from her and whispered, "Don't get killed..."

Her face was flushed but she nodded, "Ti amo, amore."

He pressed his forehead against hers, "Ti amo anch'io... Be safe..." He kissed her on the forehead before holding her hand and walking down with her to the front, the others following them.

They all stopped at the front door and she gave another command, "Arthur, cast another spell really quickly... One like on the iron door..."

Arthur nodded, "I'm on it. You get to that button and dash as fast as you can back here, okay? Even if you do make that coughing reaction, it should be the last time you're pushed to do anything like this..."

She nodded, slipping off the canteen and handing it to Antonio. "You all need to believe in me, because I'm gonna have to believe in all of you believing in me, since I can't believe in myself right now..." She laughed awkwardly at that and they kind of did to.

"Sestra, we believe in you greatly... You wouldn't even be able to comprehend how much we've seen you fight through a situation like this..." Ivan spoke with a bright smile on his face, trying to fill her with confidence and determination.

All of them nodded in agreement and Alfred put a hand on her shoulder, "Be our hero, Sis! Make me proud!"

She got a little twinkle in her eyes when he said that and she nodded, "I'll walk to the button unless there's any monsters nearby... Then expect me to run like hell...~"

They all nodded, "Go Jessi!~" Gilbert cheered for her, making her even more pumped. She walked down to the annex, hurrying towards the button and slamming her hand against the button. There was a loud alarm going off at that point and she dashed as fast as she could towards the door. The nations stared at her wide eyed as she shot up the stairs, screaming at the sight they saw behind her. She turned her head while running, seeing all of the monsters they saw in their time here running after her.

"OH JESUS CHRIST!!!" She screamed, sprinting through them and the barrier, turning the knob which, thankfully, opened, "YES!!!" She ran outside, the others quickly following her, but to her dismay, they managed to break out of the barrier, "OH GOD!!!" She screamed loudly, which everyone was sent into a panic, running as fast as they could away from the mansion.

Feliciano glared at them and chucked the journal at them, "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU ALL CAME FROM!!!" Everyone stopped to watch that and their eyes widened when the monsters all were enveloped in a strange, bright light. Then, they all seemingly just disappeared. The mansion looking completely fine, though still abandoned. The countries all stood there for a while, panting and gasping for air.

They all turned towards Jessica, who was on the ground and coughing violently, struggling to breathe, "Jess! Jess they're gone!" Antonio told her, handing the canteen to her, which she drank out of it like she was in desperate need of water.

She choked on it a little bit and coughed it back up a bit before drinking more again. "Th... Thank God..."

She looked up at Italy who smiled a little bit and fell to his knees in front of her, "You did it!"

She coughed a little bit more before laughing, "We all did it, dude...~" She was helped up by Feliciano and they all grouped around her and lifted her up, cheering and laughing. She giggled a bit before sighing a bit, "Guys..." They slowly let her down and looked at her, still having smiles plastered to their faces. She slowly looked around at everyone and softly spoke, "Let's never do anything like this again... Please... It would probably break me..."

The others looked amongst each other and nodded, which Jessica grinned, waving for everyone to follow her, "Let's all get back to the meeting hall before we go home. That sound good to everyone?" They all cheered again, walking behind her as she lead the group. She felt something jump into her hood and she looked back, watching her mochi crawl up onto her shoulder and squeak excitedly at her. "Heheh...~" She pat the mochi's head softly before resuming on walking, softly humming a tune that everyone was familiar with.

Feliciano then started to say, "I'm so glad we're finally out of that house." Everyone else started muttering in agreement, going on about how awful that all was, basically like living a complete and total nightmare.

Jessica sighed a little bit before saying, "I agree, for sure... But I think we should keep using the human names... So that way we remember that we bonded and grew stronger together while we were in there, just so that way we don't have to completely forget about it... Because if we did that... How would we be able to consider all of ourselves friends again...?"

They all stared at her for a few moments before nodding, Alfred speaking up, "Sis, that was really deep... I liked it!"

Arthur sighed a bit, "Why can't you be more quiet?"

Matthew then spoke up, "So is everything going to go back to normal otherwise?"

Alfred blinked, "Did you guys hear something?"

Jessica facepalmed, "Stop acting like you can't see Matt, Al!"

He laughed a little more and blocked his body from his sister trying to hit him, "Ah! I was kidding, Sissy! Don't hurt me!~"

She huffed and felt Lovino grab her from behind, wrapping his arms around her, "You made me proud... You kept your promise about not dying...~"

She giggled a bit, "Yeah, I guess I did...~" They all smiled at her once more and she walked back inside the world meeting hall, waiting for Japan's flight so they could all go to his house and celebrate, just like they planned during their nightmarish adventure...