Chapter Seven

The blonde walked around blindly in the strange darkness, "Feliciano? Lovino?" She called out their names, continuing to do so for a long time.

That's when she heard a voice. "... Who are you?" It was an odd voice, like a young boy.

"My name is Iowa..."

His voice sounded confused, "What country is that?"

She sighed, "Not a country, just a state... Nobody really knows me..." She blinked before saying, "Do you know where Feliciano and Lovino might be?" She turned around, trying to see the boy, but he wasn't there either, making her eyes widen. "!?"

The voice responded to her finally, which is when she realized it was coming from all directions around her. "I don't know who those people are..."

She sighed, "I mean Veneziano Italy and Romano Italy... Or North and South Italy..."

He made a noise of understanding, "Ah, now I understand... Yes, Italy is with me... Romano... I'm speaking to him right now as well. Should I bring you with us?"

Her eyes widened, "You're not God, are you?"

He laughed a bit at that, "No, my name is Holy Roman Empire, sorry for not introducing myself to you sooner."

Her eyes widened a bit more, "Oh... Well... Please bring me to them..." A bright light flashed around her and she was blinded for a bit before she opened them and found herself in a beautiful field. Lovino and Feliciano were laying down before her and that spiked her excitement up, "Guys!" She crawled over to them quickly and shook them gently.

Lovino slowly picked himself up with a groan, "Ow... Feels like I fell..." He looked over to see Jessica, "Wait, what the crapola happened!? Why are you here!? Why are WE here!?"

Jessica smiled a bit, "Arthur sent me and you into Feli's inner most thoughts so we can try to save him..."

A voice that sounded like Germany's spoke from in front of them, "Save him? He's completely safe here!" Their gazes shot up to what seemed to be the German, but he was wearing a black uniform and a black hat.

Lovino's eyes widened and his jaw dropped, "Holy Roman Empire!? How the HELL are you an adult!?"

He smiled and looked to Feliciano, "He wished me to be this way..."

Just as he said that, he finally started to wake up. "Mm...?" He looked around at his surroundings and muttered, "This isn't the mansion..." He turned his head, seeing Jessica and Lovino, and his eyes widened, "Oh no! Did we all die!?"

Jessica grabbed Feliciano and hugged him tightly, "Feli! You went into cardiac arrest!!! Arthur used Magic to send me and Lovi after you! Thank God you're okay!" She let go of him and looked at Lovino. "Your heart rate started doing a nose dive in response to Feli's cardiac arrest and I kinda broke down and started bawling because I didn't want to lose you two..."

Lovino pulled her into a hug, stroking her hair, "I'm sorry..."

Feliciano clung onto the blonde's back, "I didn't mean to make you cry! I'm sorry too!"

Holy Roman Empire cleared his throat and looked down at all of them, which Lovino instantly got hostile, "Don't you dare try to take my brother! We need him alive!"

Feliciano blinked and stood up, "Holy Roma?"

He nodded when Feliciano said his name, "Yes... I'm surprised you remembered me, Italy..."

Feliciano smiled softly, "I couldn't forget you... I waited for you to come back for so long..." He lost his smile, "But then you never did..."

Jessica blinked and watched the other's expression of sadness, "I'm sorry about that..." He looked over towards the trees and said, "Italy, come with me... We're leaving them waiting..."