Chapter Three

While they were heading back to the safe room, Iowa was staring at a note on the wall in the room on the opposite of the "mochi room" and the stairs. She tilted her head, "... "Up is Heaven. Middle is Earth. Down is Hell." Has to do with this lever next to it, I assume..." She noticed that the lever was stuck in the middle and she hummed. "Even though I know Heaven is a good place... I don't necessarily that means it's good in this sense..." She nibbled on her bottom lip and she sighed, "That thing must be trying to trick me..." She pulled the lever down and gasped when it broke. But she heard a sound behind her and saw that a box was moving over.

"What is it with this crazy house!?" She asked nobody in particular, walking over towards the place where the box was. There was a crack in the floor boards and she tilted her head, "... Oh... I think I know what needs to happen now..." She drew in a breath quickly before standing on the floor boards and jump-stomping on them, slamming her feet against the boards as hard as she could. After a few moments they snapped and she shrieked a bit as she fell to the next floor, landing on a hard floor, on her rear end, no less, and groaning with pain. She slowly picked herself up and looked around. "... A piano room... Huh..." She slowly approached the piano, playing a little melody on it.

"... Hmm... Not out of tune even though it's been here for who knows how long... Interesting..." She walked over towards the door, unlocking it from the side she was on and walking through it. She then realized she was on the third floor. She heard some strange noises from behind the doors on each side of the stairs. "...?" She approached one of the doors and pressed her ear against it, hearing some familiar voices

"...atello I'm scared...!" Her eyes widened in surprise. That was Italy's voice!

Her eyes widened more at the next voice, "Shut up, Veneziano...! You're not helping me feel any safer saying crapola like that...!"

She tried the door knob and she heard Italy muffle his own squeal. "Oh no...!"

Romano growled softly and said, "If it busts the door down, it's getting full of bullets...!"

Iowa smiled a little bit. She had her own "secret code" to let Italy know it was okay. She softly started singing, "Draw a circle, that's the Earth.~ Draw a circle, that's the Earth.~ Draw a circle, that's the Earth, I am I-o-wa!~"

Italy listened to her voice and squealed again, though it was in excitement, "Iowa!?"

Romano rushed towards the door hastily, his voice was cautious, yet slightly hostile and husky, "If you really are Iowa, you should know--"

She interrupted him, "Listen, Mr. Mafia Man, I don't got all day, if I stay out here too long this thing might find me and kill me!" He opened the door very slowly and carefully, peering though a small crack, which she looked back at him, "Ciao!~" She grinned at him widely and he flung the door open, grabbing her and pulling her in hastily, throwing her against Italy which made both of them yelp.

He slammed the door and locked it, panting a little bit, "Hah..." He looked over at her and barked, "Did you find us last or something!?"

She squeaked a bit, "Not on purpose! I promise!"

He walked over to her, pulling her away from her brother and hugging onto her tightly, holding the back of her head and nuzzling her, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to yell at you... I was just so worried about you, that's all..."

She held onto him back, nuzzling his shoulder gently, "I'm sorry... I really am... I wanted to find you as soon as possible but... Well... Let's just say there was a lot of obstacles..."

He sighed softly, pulling back to look her in the eyes, "Just as long as you're safe, that's all that matters to me..."

She glanced around before saying, "Italy, Roma, let's hurry out of here." The two Italian's nodded and she took both of their hands. "Stay close..." She murmured, quickly running out of the opposite door she was pulled through and running straight for the stairs, stopping in front of the safe room. She let go of Italy's hand and slamming her own against the door, shouting, "Guys! I found Italy and Romano!" Spain opened the door and grabbed all three of them and pulled them inside, letting the door shut behind them.