Chapter Five

Jessica let out a little sigh, once she had calmed down a little bit, "Okay, I know we've been going at this for quite a long time now... But I feel like we need to get that little mochi out of the wall..."

Kiku looked at her oddly, "You know how?"

She giggled a little bit, "The magic of Arthur's scones...~"

Arthur smiled and said, "Alright, I'll get to making some!~"

Everyone stared at each other in alarm before turning their gazes to Jessica who sighed, "Don't worry, if this place sets on fire, there are fire extinguishers."

After a while of waiting Arthur came out with a batch, "Here!~"

She picked up one of them, "Th-- HOT!!!" She set it back on the tray for a moment and shook her hands, "Thank you." She laughed a bit at herself and said, "Put that on the counter for a minute for it to cool..." He nodded and set it down before walking over to the table where everyone else was at.

"So... Why did you need one of Artie's scones?" Alfred asked her.

Arthur looked at him with a very disapproving look, "Don't call me that ever again..."

She sighed and said, "The mochi will get out of the wall after we feed the scone to it. There's something we need from it and we need a blueberry too, which I already have picked up." She pointed to the barrel she got it from. "It's filled with them..." She then turned her attention back to the group and said, "I'll take a few people with me to go to the mochi room and we're going to unlock the hidden attic."

Everyone but Feliciano stared at her questioningly, tilting their heads, "Hidden attic?" Francis repeated in confusion.

She nodded, "The wall beside the mochi room opens up and a stair case that leads up there..." She frowned a little bit, "Though... I'm just going to say this really quickly... It's quite disturbing..."

The group looked between each other and Feliciano said, "I can go with you Jessi--"

She shook her head swiftly, "No you're not."

He frowned, "But I want to help! I know--"

She drew in a deep breath and said, "Feliciano, I don't want you getting hurt. I don't want you to risk getting in danger. You're staying here. End of story." She crossed her arms, "I'm going to have to come back and switch out for a few other people, specifically Arthur, to go the basement again, just so I can help him get something he lost..."

He tilted his head at the comment, saying, "I don't remember dropping anything..."

She nodded, "I'll explain later..." She looked over at Feliciano, who was still glaring at her intensely, "... ALRIGHT FINE... Just stop glaring at me like that... I'll think of a place that you can come with me..."

She thought for a bit before huffing, "You're going to come with me to the annex, which is the place that Kiku uncovered, and it's also very creepy, just so you all know to make your decisions." She looked around the table, "Who's going to volunteer for the Mochi quest?" Ludwig raised his hand, Gilbert immediately raising his as well. Jessica nodded, "Alright. Mattie, hand me a paper, I'm making a list for each thing." He blushed at the nickname and nodded, handing her another paper, which there was an abundance of in this room, weirdly enough.

She wrote down their names before going to the next line. "Alright, Arthur... Who else wants to come to the basement?"

America and France both hopped out of their seats while raising their hands, "May we?" Francis asked politely.

Alfred then started bouncing in place, "Basements are spooky, dude!~ I wanna go!~"

She giggled at his enthusiasm and wrote their names down. "Alright... Spooky attic, Alfred I want you to come back here and rest."