Chapter one

*Ava's POV.*

Raindrops fell from the sky onto the car window. I could hear the music my dad put on playing softly. I looked outside, concentrating on the water flowing down the street.

I let out a sigh. We were currently on our way to the JFK airport. By we I mean my little brother Josh, my mom and my dad. Oh and ofcourse, me.
My name is Ava and i'm basically just a normal 17 year old girl. I mean, I may act a bit blunt when you first meet me but that's just my personality. It will fade away along the way. Where was I? Oh right, the airport. I have lived in Long Island my whole life but suddenly my parents decided to move to Australia. Since i'm a minor I have no choice but go with them. Even if I wasn't a minor I would still go because of Josh. We have a very close bond and I don't think that I could stand being without him.

"Ava?" I hear my mom ask. Not wanting to open my mouth I nodded. I knew my mom could see me through the rearview mirror so I didn't bother talking.

When she saw me she began talking again. " Did you pack everything? Have you checked your room before we left to make sure? God what if you with your clumsy head forgot something important! It's too late to turn ar-" "Mom, I checked everything, take a chillpill will you?" I interrupted her. She let out a sigh of relief. "Good." I heared her mumble.

I looked over to my right only to see my little brother sleeping.

Quickly I took out my earbuds to listen to some music. I plugged them in and got into a better sitting position closing my eyes. This is gospel by Panic! At the disco started playing and I couldn't stop myself from letting out a smile. Patd is one of my all time favourite bands.

I closed my eyes and sighed. It was gonna be a long drive.

~

{At the airport}

We walked through the airport with our baggage after we checked in.

We still had a few hours before our flight would start boarding.

All of us were hungry so we agreed on going somewhere to eat. I was eyeing the little shops looking for somewhere to eat. "There!" Josh screamed pointing at a small burger place. "fine by me." I said and my parents just nodded.

Josh grabbed my hand and started running to the diner, pulling me with him. Our parents followed us and we sat down at a table.

A waiter came after about five minutes and handed us our menu. I nodded at him as a way of saying thanks. I stared at the menu for a little while biting my lip. Eventually I decided to just go for a cheeseburger with some fries. We ordered and waited for our food to come.

There was a silence that was really awkward. I still wasn't really pleased with my parents since they made me leave America. I liked it here. The few friends that I had lived here and I was gonna miss them so much.

Our food came down interrupting my thoughts. Once it was all served I dug in immediately. I munched on my fries while my brother was excitedly telling some jokes making me giggle. I ruffled his hair and finished my food. When we were all done we still had an hour before boarding. My last hour in America for probably a long Long time.

We got up and started strolling down a path with stores on both sides. Since we had an hour of time to kill before we would fly away to Australia, we decided to do some shopping. I wasn't really in the mood for shopping but there wasn't really anything else to do so I was left no choice.

I walked over to the CD section and stood in front of it for some time. I felt someone staring at me from my right.

After a minute of trying to ingnore it I decided to turn my head. I was met with two ice blue eyes staring directly at me. "Can I help you?" I asked irritated.

"No." he simply answered.

I tilt my head a bit. "Ok well bye then." I said shortly rolling my eyes and walking away from him.

He just mumbled something I couldn't hear. I went to find my mom. Time to go to Australia.

~
A/N: Chapter one is up! Please leave a comment!
Xx