Chapter Four

*About 3 hours later*

Pain was shooting through my body. My head hurt and there was this weird sting in the area around my knee.

I could feel that I was lying down somewhere. I don't remember anything that happend the previous couple of hours.

When I tried to open my eyes they stayed shut. What was happening? Why can't I open my eyes? Am I dead? No. That couldn't be it. If I was dead I guess I wouldn't be able to think right now. I tried to move my limbs but yet again, nothing happend but pain filling up my body again.

"Hello?" I hear a faint whisper going through my ears. I don't recognize the voice. "Are you there? Are you alive?" the voice speaks again.

No matter how hard I try to talk back, it just doesn't work.

Not being able to do anything else but think is such a scary thing to experience. Like, you're alive on the inside of your body, but not on the outside. No one will even notice that you're alive. That part is the scariest.

The feeling of a hand on my shoulder rips me from my thoughts. How was I able to feel that when I couldn't even move?

The hand started to carefully shake my shoulder, wanting me to wake up.

After a minute or two the hand dissapeard.

Was I gonna stay like this forever? Trapped inside my own body? No, thank you. About 20 more minutes passed by. Time was killed by me counting the seconds. By now, my mind has been shut down for a moment, giving my spirit some rest.

~

My eyes fluttered open, revealing a clear blue sky above me. There were no clouds to be seen. Not even a small one.

Honestly, I don't know where my weird obsession with clouds came from. I've loved them ever since I was in kindergarten. I always tried to see figures is them. My mother teached me to do that.

My mother..

Suddenly i remembered everything that had happened. The plain, the crash, my mom, blacking out. It was horrible to even think about it again.

I tried to sit up despite the pain I was feeling throughout my whole body. My heartbeat began to quicken and I was having trouble breathing.

What happened to my family? Are they okay? I just need to know if they are okay.

  I felt the familiar hand on my shoulder once again. Still breathing heavily I turned my head around.

There stood the boy I had only met a couple of hours ago in the shop.

"Are you allright?" the boy said with an thick Australian accent.

"N-no." I could barely even get the word out.

I wasn't in the mood for talking. Especially not to someone who had been rude to me before.

My gaze went to the ground, trying to ignore the boy standing there.

The blonde haired boy just sat down next to me on the sand. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked softly. I shook my head.

My eyes went back to the boy. He looked kind of okay with being here.

"that's okay." he spoke. " i'm Luke, and you are?" he looked at me questioningly after introducing himself.

"Ava" I said quietly. A tear rolled down my face. That one tear was followed by a whole bunch of teard that I couldn't contain. Before I knew it I was sobbing. I just couldn't hold it in anymore.

My head was placed in my hands and my knees were pulled up to my chest.

Why is this happening to me. I just want to be with them.

"My family was on the samen flight." i finally spoke op after solid ten minutes of crying, assuming he knew I was talking about the accident.

He just looked at me with a hint of pity in his eyes. "I don't know if they're alive. God I don't even know anything. It's already killing me and it has been like, what, half an hour I've been conscious? Where even am I?" frustrated I pulled my hair.

The talking I did was more directed to myself  than it was directed to Luke.

His crystal blue eyes looked into my dark ones for a second before he looked away. "Welcome to the island."

~~

A/n: yayyy this is where all the fun starts guyss!