Chapter One

I awoke in a cold sweat, My ceiling was marked with multi colored pant was what I stared at as I recalled every detail of the dream.

How could I forget that? 

I couldn't and the dream haunted me for days after and soon I was able to fall asleep without trying to go back to the barn and to the handsome mystery man nor thinking of how my lips still tingled when I awoke that night. 

Still there where things I couldn't help but remind me off the man who pledged that he loved me, The wild daisies that grew in our yard that was located in a rural part of town, There where more cows around than anything else.

What confused me was the fact I felt like I was there before, I walked back into the house with a couple of daisies resting in my hand. "Oh pretty."commented my mother who was busy with some cooking and I nodded "Something to brighten my room."I said with a smile.

 "Lovely." I went into my room and sat them on my desk and I looked around my room, Simple dark plum walls, wooden floors. I sat down at my desk and opened my laptop to my next project from my school, I frowned and rolled my eyes at the fact that I was suppose to write a story about my lame home town. 

I started with the easiest questions about the present facts and then when it got historical that was where it got hairy, One of the questions 'Who founded your town?' was a trick question and I wrote my best answer. Honestly my town was built from the railroad, The workers would take breaks under a large Live Oak and there came my town, Which they must not have been to creative with names because it was Live Oak. 

When I came to the bottom of my search I found a bunch of links, A couple of Football players and a book called The Trial Of Ruby McCollum, It was a big scandal back in 1952, A African American woman kills a 'kind' white doctor and the books on the subject had been banded for sometime. I read into that because it peeked my interests and then moved back to my search bar, I found a couple of photo's of Live Oak and was amazed by how the town didn't change from how it was back then. 

Then I found a side search 'Lewis Thornton Powell, Attempted unsuccessfully to kill United States Secretary of State William H. Seward' I smirked and clicked the link. I read the biography on him, He was one of four people hanged in the Lincoln assassination. I frowned as I recalled my dream, The three men in my dream where going over plans talking about something that shouldn't have any rights, Killing people who caused these things to have rights. 

I frowned "Four people hanged." I said shaking my head, then I read that a woman was hanged also. My mind was reeling as I found myself reading more my project forgotten, "Oh my god." I said to know one in particular as I read about when this man was thirteen he got kicked in the face by a family donkey and it broke his jaw. 

How it healed it left him with one side of his face the jaw and cheekbone was more predominant, I was able to shake it off by incidence until I read about how he fought in the Battle of Gettysburg and got his wrist hurt. Flashes of the scar on the mysteries man wrist flashed through my head, I found links to his photo and I found myself unable to click on the link. 

I decided to click the photo of John Wilkes Booth, The photo popped up and I dropped my pencil, The curly haired man from my dream sat there looking at me. I shook my head and decided that of course I would think this up I had seen this photo before in my History class. I then moved on to another man George Atzerodt. 

Again the same thing happened, It was the man who said that it was a bad idea, When I read into his Bio, He was to fearful to kill his target and ended up drinking himself into a stupor. I frowned, I never had seen nor hear of Atzerodt until now but he looked just like the man in my dream. 

I went back to Powell and clicked on the photo link, I stared at the man no older than twenty one sitting back pressed up against a wall, The same piercing blue eyes stared back at me, except this time they where cold and indifferent. I felt a chill flow through me and I though hard about if I had seen the photo's of those men and just somehow poured into my dreams. 

Denial is the best choice....

I turned off my laptop unable to stand seeing those blue eyes, I just wanted to forget this and forget the dream. I looked at the daisies that sat there mocking me, pushing me to think harder about a dream, a fictitious dream. Throwing the Daisies away I realized how hungry and late it was, I had spend four hours chasing ghosts.