Chapter 2

I'm dreaming of the lights again...

Swirling around me like fairies going in and out of me and also surrounding the others, Faceless people who seemed to have the same reactions to the lights as me. I'm frozen in place my arms are pinned to my sides and my leggs are glued to the ground, I looked down with my eyes and suddenly I wished I never looked down. 

I was spinning lights flashing around my feet and then like a calm before the storm I could feel the growth of something than, I felt it in my stomach traveling up through my head. Burning my eyes, searing my flesh, the lights where in a rapidly moving circular pattern then it struck me like a bolt of lightning. 

I closed my eyes and cried as the pain worsened and then everything halted. 

This time I was sick....

I tripped over what I was wearing and fell to the ground, My vision was a swarm of lights and my body shook as my head spun around and around. I could barley make out the ground and I knew that maybe this time I wasn't in the barn. 

Coldness seeped into my knees and I clenched my hands. The cold I felt was mud, I was outside but where? I blinked and rubbed my face with the back of my hands as my vision finally cleared of the shadow lights. 

I was alone... 

The first thing I saw was a daisy planted right in front of me, The yellow plant drooping a little as if to ask me if I was okay. I could hear crickets and the movement of cattle, but the plants around me shielded me from seeing anything or what sort of cattle it was. 

I stood up from the ground, My nose crinkled as I looked at my ruined dress a very pretty one for the time period, I shook my head and wiped my hands to get rid of the mud. I had bigger problems than getting mud on a dress that wasn't even mine. 

Moving, I had to at least keep moving because what else could I do? I turned to leave the muddy area and I pause, turning my head to look back at the daisy. For some reason I couldn't leave the plant and I plucked it from its stem and held it in my hands as I moved forward. 

It felt as though I had walked for hours, the dress didn't help matters. 

Then I saw I light and I hurried to it not caring that I might have ran into a murder or worse, My steps faltered as I saw a couple of men all of which heard me and was pointing old civil war riffles in my direction.

"P..Please don't shoot."I said from just outside the bushes "Its a woman."I heard one of the men say, The taller one shook his head "A trap maybe?". I couldn't move without getting shot at and I didn't want to test the whole dyeing in a dream thing. "Please, It not a trap." I called out "I could check it out myself." said a familiar voice. 

"Go check." agreed the taller man, I heard him coming towards me and I raised my hand is in the air, the daisy staying in my hand. Glaring blue eyes reached mine and I noticed in the dark the striking looks of my mystery man. 

"Who are you?"He asked, I frowned in confused doesn't he remember me? I decided to play along and maybe I will see why he asked that maybe he can't admit he knows me "Anna."I said making sure my southern accent was evident in my speech. 

"I got lost and I saw the camp fire."I said weakly but I couldn't help but feel scared of him, Maybe it was the long gun pointed at me.  "Well Anna come with me."He said pointing his riffle down and held out a hand and I took it without question. 

He led me into the camp site where four or five tents where and men where around the area some where barley dressed which made me look away and at the ground, "Who's this Lewis?"Asked the taller man, I looked up "Anna."Said Lewis.