Ch 1: Let Me Go

Calysta's POV

Tomorrow I would be leaving Newport Harbor, where I've called home for the past 18 years of my life I've called home. My room was all empty - no pictures lining my walls, no clothes in the closet. Everything was in my parent's Mercedes SUV to go to the airport tomorrow. I was heading to Austin tomorrow morning on a 8am flight. Of course, I wouldn't be sleeping tonight, just on the plane, as the airport was about an hour or so away, and my friends were planning on partying tonight to celebrate me going off. 

I was going extra early, however, because the cheerleading team had wanted me to come to tryouts, which was a kind of camp that started two weeks before school actually started. 

I lifted the last duffel out of my room, and headed down the stairs with it, before handing it over to Matt and Dad to put in the car. My car, my Jeep Wrangler baby, was already sent down there, thanks to my amazing parents, just in case I wanted to take a nice road trip home...yea right.

"CALYSTA! We're here!" Meliss shouted, as she and the girls barged past my brother and Dad coming into the house, and hugged me tightly. I rolled my eyes, as I heard my mom come in as well.

"Hey girls, it's so good to see you again! Calysta, the reservations are for an hour from now, so you better go get ready" she said, smiling. I rolled my eyes, and went upstairs as the girls followed me to my bascially empty room, besdies the clothes I was wearing tonight and makeup. 

My mom and dad were treating all my friends to a nice dinner, as I had gone out with Matt and them yesterday. After dinner however, there was a party at Emily's where I would probably be staying until I had to leave for the airport. 

"I can't believe you're leaving!" Emily said, as she and Bev sat on my bed, and Melissa began doing my makeup. Melissa was amazing at makeup, and loved doing everyone's makeup. 

"Aw I'm going to miss you guys so much" I said, as Melissa first did my eyes in a golden smokey eye.

"Not as much as we are going to miss you. You keep everything calm. Remember when you and Matt left for Italy, and everything erupted here and then you came back and everything was fine?" Bev reminded, and I sighed. 

"I'm just a phone call away now, and I have skype and facetime" I said, as Melissa glared at me, since Iw as moving my face so much. Bev andEmily laughed at me, but didn't talk till Mel was done.

After she was finally done, I dressed in my coral maxi dress, with some gold jewelry. My hair I had already done curly and wavy, so I just left it alone.

We all looked really good actually, as Melissa was wearing a green sundress, Bev wearing a black maxi with some white tie dye at the bottom, while Emily wore a red shirt and skirt set.

"Ow owww... someone's going to have a hard time keeping his hands off of you tonight" Melissa said, as they laughed while I rolled my eyes.

"Ryder? or maybe Will this time?" Bev said, as I flicked her off. 

I had dated Ryder on and off for two/three years, but Ryder's a playboy. He was a leader, and a lot of it got to his head. He was demanding, but he was very funny, hot, and romantic and sweet when he wanted, which made me go back to him. Will, on the other hand, was sweeter than him, but he was stuck in drama with another girl Trisha. I just really didn't want to get involved in that drama, so that's why I usually never made out with him besides a few times, and usually I did it to piss off Ryder. 

"Seriously? No, neither. I'm going to Texas tomorrow and getting myself a nice southern boy, no more Cali douches" I said, as they laughed. 

We went downstairs, to find my parents in the kitchen, making themselves some dinner and talking.