'3'

L U K E ' S  P O V 

She's an idiot 

Yet – I guess so am I. I told myself that when I moved to London, I wasn't going to get attached to anyone. The last thing I needed was a situation to occur like what happened back home – a situation that almost cost me my life. So I promised myself I was going to stay away, from anyone who tried to be in contact with me.

Then came along her.

The minute I saw her, the minute she poured her fucking hot latte all over me, I knew I was gone for her. She had this innocent aura to her, an aura that I hadn't seen in anyone for such a long time. The way her round eyes widened as soon as he realized what she had done wrong and the way her soft pink parted and formed an 'o' shape. It made so many thoughts rush through me, some completely innocent and some so dark that I felt guilty about thinking of them in her presence.

I knew she was watching me. I could feel her eyes on me the second she heard me singing. Usually, if it were anyone else, including my best friend, I would have told them to go away. I would of cursed or shouted or just stopped singing in general. Though I could just feel the calm vibes that echoed from her aura, and the way her stare felt as it lingered on me. I didn't feel self-conscious or agitated, I felt at peace. So I continued to sing, as I looked over the dark and cold town, which seemed to be empty with the exception of her and me.

I was already too far-gone for this girl, and I knew I needed to keep away.

However there she went, tripping over and knocking herself unconscious. I had immediately sprinted over to her, worry itching inside of me. I made sure she was still breathing and that her heart was still beating and when it was, relief flooded through me like a tidal wave. I found myself immediately contacting the paramedics however it took me a while to actually get the right number, considering I kept dialling the wrong emergency number.

The minute the paramedics put her onto the stretcher, I noticed the small splotch of blood that was on the concrete where her head had been laying. I felt an emotion I couldn't even describe. Anger? Sadness? Pain? I didn't have much time to linger on it as I was chasing after the paramedics who were bringing the girl to the ambulance.

I guess I didn't need to call her girl now, I knew her name. Jasey-Rae Hilton.

In an act of urgency, I had used her thumb to open up her phone – secretly thanking Apple that they thought about creating that phone unlocking mechanism. I knew I wasn't going to be able to tell the paramedics anything if I didn't know her name, and since she had no other ID on her. Her phone was the only option.

Basing it on the contact for herself, her name was Jasey-Rae Hilton and she was nineteen years old. That's all the information I could get and the paramedics told me that it was enough, and they were going to contact her emergency contact – which happened to be a girl by the name of Kate Harris.

So they wheeled her into one of the rooms near the emergency area and that was the last time I saw her. Now, I'm waiting here in the waiting room for any sign of news. I didn't know why I was waiting here, considering this Kate girl was on her way and I practically knew nothing about this Jasey-Rae.

Her name seemed to haunt me, repeating over and over in my mind like a broken record. I didn't know why it continued to reiterate; maybe it was because the name was so simple yet so different. This girl was different, everything about her spoke uniqueness. She was so original, nothing like anybody else I knew. Moving to London was a big change to me, so maybe being surrounded by her was something that was just another change for me. I didn't want to be living in my past anymore, however I could feel it still lingering there – watching me, following me.