1

I woke up with a start, jolting up straight in my bed. I rub my sweaty forehead; these dreams I keep having at night I feel they keep getting stronger. They only started a few days ago when my mother told me this startling news.
She waited until I had gotten home from being out with a couple friends.
" Lilith, will you come here dear?"
She never called me by my birth name.
"I want to tell you something, it's best if you sat down." She patted the empty seat next to her.
I say down next to her, she turned to me and looked me in the eyes. Her glacier blue eyes were a sight to see. I had always envied her for her beauty. She had seemed a lot more fidgety than she normally was but I guess she was always like this. I looked at her face and gave a heart warming smile. I always thought she was beautiful, even if she didn't think so herself. My mother is and always will be my favorite person; even if I didn't regularly tell her. Somedays I think she just knew.
She smiled back and like ten times as beautiful. I think my mother was blessed with always looking youthful. By now most of the people I know their parents were old and wrinkly. She let out a big sigh and grabbed my hands in hers.
"Lilith, I wanted to talk to you about your father." She began as she looked down at our untwined hands.
My father was a good man, hard working and loved by everyone in the city. Mostly because he was the mayor here; but I feel even if he wasn't they would still adore him. I love my father with all my heart. I grew up being a daddy's girl and stuck to my dad like glue. He was all very youthful like mother. I even think other women envy my mother because my father isn't bad looking. He's strong, and carries his job with dignity and pride.

My mother is also very beautiful. Her hair is a beautiful ebony and goes down her back in cascading waves. Her figure is full and her complexion clear and fair.

Sometimes when my parents don't think I'm looking I catch them in each other's arms; gazing into each other's eyes. When I was smaller I use to believe that I would grow up and love someone as much as they did.

My mother squeezed my hand and have me a sad and tired smile.
" Lilith," she began "I don't really know how to say this but I will explain more when the time comes."
She trailed off as of she was remembering something. She looked me in the eyes again.
"Your father, well he's," she stopped and began again; "well darling, he isn't your real biological father."