2

A blank expression settled across my face.
So father isn't really my father. This all hit me like a bus.

The hurt and anger began to rise up. I slowly started to stand up.

Dropping my mothers hands, I took a step back away from her.

My feelings were a mess and I didn't know how to react to this new found news. That's when I heard my heart wing shattered.

The man I had lives and trusted was not who I thought he was.

" Lily, please babygirl do not be angry with me or your father." She sounded hesitant to say the word. " we only wanted to protect you. We hadn't wanted to tell you so late. It was for your own safety."

My mother was now standing in front of me.
I looked at her and compared myself with her.

We didn't really look a lot alike.
Maybe she wasn't my real mother either I thought.

I let out a huge breath I hadn't realized I was holding. I threw my arms around her neck and hugged her. She was caught off guard by my sudden reaction but returned my gesture.

"Mother," I spoke in a shaky voice, " I will never hate you. Or father, even if he isn't my real dad. My love for you two is eternal and I'll take that with me. All the way to heaven and beyond."

She let out a noise of hurt and something else at my last words. She cried on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. Taking my chubby face in her hands, she looked at me. Her eyes were even more lovely when she was crying.

"What did I do too deserve such a beautiful and wonderful daughter like you?" She smiled.

I blushed and looked down at my feet. I handy had the blessing of looking as beautiful as my parents. I had always been on the chubby side, and my features weren't as lovely as my  parents. I had always been the black sheep, tending to stand out but always wanting to fit in somewhere.

The only thing I liked about me was my eyes. My eyes were a hazel with golden flakes in them. They tended to change colors almost when I was emotional.

But besides my eyes, nothing about me was considered beautiful. I hadn't hot puberty yet; well the beauty part of it. This resulted in the constant bullying at school. I tended to drown it out, feeling numb at each stab. It was all part of the shell I built to protect myself.

The only people I had ever cared for calling me beautiful were my parent. It makes me smile even thought I don't feel anything when they do. But my love for my parents goes beyond anything.

"I love you mother." I kissed her forehead and hugged her.

"My darling Lily, always." She said back.

I had went up to my room and that night was when I had my first nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~