7. The Creatures From Beneath

I rested for most of the day. I think I slept half the day away, all I remember was that Gerard opened the door around seven at night. He looked exhausted himself. He looked at me and his whole face brightened up when he saw that I was awake. He moved quickly toward the bed that I lay in and knelt down beside it. He put a hand on my forehead and his fingers in my hair.

“G-Gee, you don’t need to worry.” I whispered. Gerard shrugged his shoulders and stroked my hair. I smiled slightly, liking the feeling. I carefully reached out to touch the white collar on his shirt, but I could see blood speckled on the clean white. “W-What happened?” I asked.

“I’m no longer a priest.” Gerard answered. “Something happened after I left the church, a big group of demons attacked me. I’m alright though, I’ve healed myself.” Gerard explained. I touched the white collar a little more and suddenly there was a great strange pain that flowed through my body. I yelped and curled up, closing my eyes tightly and gritting my teeth. I felt like something was tearing me apart inside. I cried out in pain. “Frankie?!” Gerard asked in a panicked and worried tone.

“It hurts, Gerard. It hurts!” I cried out. Suddenly Mikey and Ray barged into the room. Gerard had to hold me down as my body began to spasm in pain. I cried out a squeak as sharp pains riveted through me. Mikey and Ray shared a glance and nodded, they both stood around me, their hands out to me. Their hands began to glow, it was a pink kind of glow and the strange glow traveled through the air toward me and onto me. I could feel the glowing magicka spread through me and I seemed to calm down. The pain, slowly but surely subsided.

I was breathing heavy, Gerard was standing over me, his eyes worried and concerned. Mikey and Ray looked me up and down. “Are you alright now?” Ray asked. I grit my teeth and let out a heavy sigh. My whole body hurt, but I couldn’t feel all that pain anymore. I nodded slowly and Gerard slipped his hand into mine. I gripped his hand tightly.

“Do you want us to stay in here?” Mikey asked. I shook my head and held Gerard’s hand tighter. Ray and Mikey nodded, the two of them left the room. Gerard watched them close the door behind them and he looked at me with a serious gaze.

“Something’s wrong.” I whispered. Gerard tilted his head curiously. “Something doesn’t feel right.” I said.

“What do you mean? You’re sick, Frankie, you’re not expected to feel one-hundred percent.” Gerard asked. I frowned and shook my head.

“That’s not what I meant. I mean something feels off, like something bad is going to happen or something.” I answered. Gerard got up and kicked off his shoes, he even took off his shirt and crawled over top of me. He flopped down beside me and wrapped an arm around my waist. “I’m sorry about going unconscious.” I whispered. Gerard sighed.

“It’s my fault really, I forgot. I forget that you’re human sometimes…” Gerard replied sadly. I rolled over and faced him, putting my forehead against his chest. “We’re safe here, and more importantly, you’re safe here.” Gerard told me. I ran my hand softly around his chest and to his back. My fingers dipped into the slits on his back, the spaces where his wings would come out. I could feel the scarred flesh of the crosses stained into his flesh. He shivered against me, I could feel the muscles in his stomach twitch. I looked up at him. “Please, be careful with what you do.” Gerard whispered.

“What?” I asked. His cheeks flushed to a dark grey colour. I figured that was kind of like a Nephilim blush. He bit his lip, but not enough for his teeth to break the soft flesh.

“The scars on Mikey and I, those are sensitive. But not as sensitive as our wings and the places where our wings connect to our bodies.” Gerard answered. I tilted my head, a little confused.