7. Nicky Part 1

It was a chilly morning. I grabbed a cup of coffee from the canteen and went back to my bunk. I covered my shoulders with the thin blanket we slept with and opened my book. A few moments later, Nicky ran in, looking frightened. She then anxiously walked to her cube and paced back and forth. I looked around and saw no one. It was awfully quiet, but I assumed that was because everyone was having breakfast. I got concerned quickly. I placed my book beside me and place my coffee on the top of my locker. As I approached Nicky she stopped pacing and looked at me. She looked distressed.

"Hey," I said softly. "What's up?"

"I..I...I can't" she stormed off.

I stood there, confused. Then decided to go after her, but she had vanished. I went round to the other dorms looking, seeing if she was there. I paced down the corridors, peering through the windows. As I continued walking, and looking through the windows, I bumped straight into Alex.

"Oh, hey" I said quickly and peered over her shoulder.

"Heyy, you alright?"

"Um-hm" I nodded, hoping this would be the end of the conversation. I really wanted to find Nicky! "erm, hey, I have to go, but i'll speak to you later yeah?"

"Woah, woah, woah" Alex grabbed my arm as I tried to pass her. "What's up?" She looked into my eyes, now a little concerned.

"Nothing, everything is fine, I'm just wondering around" I'm such a bad lier and of course Alex knew this - I don't know why I try.

"No your not..." Her hand slid down my arm and held my hand "talk to me... what's going on?"

"I don't know...I really don't know, but I know I have to find Nicky. I think there's something wrong"

"Oh, well, I did see her run outside a few minutes ago, maybe she's gone to the chapel?"

"Great! Thanks" I let go of her hand and paced off

"Hold up, I wanna come!"

I turned around and smiled at her cuteness. I held my hand out and as soon as she reached for mine, we ran.

-----------

What's happened to Nicky? Stay tuned for Part 2!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts 😆
Peace x