8. Nicky Part 2

We stormed into the Chapel. Our hearts pounding as we split ways. Alex turned right and I went left. 

"Nicky!"

"Nickyy"

"Nic-" Alex fell silent. I looked up and over to Alex. She looked up towards me and gave an eye signal to say 'she's here.' I ran towards her, relived Nicky was safe.

She was on the ground. "Nicky, heyy, you alright?"

She was curled up in a small ball with her head in her arms and rocking back and forth. She was sobbing. I started rubbing her back and looked up to Alex for some help.

"Nick, hey, look at me, what's wrong?"

Nicky looked up at Alex, blinking quickly. Her eyes were wider than pennies and as red as blood. She started panting, trying to catch up with her breath. Alex brushed Nicky's hair back from her face and said softly, "Ah Nic, what happened?" Nicky muttered under her breath and looked down as if she was so ashamed. I looked to Alex to see if she understood. Alex looked back at me worriedly. Nicky laid her head back in her arms and Alex pulled me to one side.

"She's gone"

"What do you mean 'she's gone'?!"

"She's obviously taken something - and a bit too much, by the looks of it"

I stood there stunned.

"How...wha.." I was speechless. I knew Nicky had a bad history but I had never seen her so destroyed.

"We need to find Red ASAP!" Alex said with an urgency.

***

A couple moments later, Alex ran back in with Red not far behind her. 

Red paced towards Nicky. She stood in front of her, shocked. Shaking her head, she tried to hold back her tears.

"ohh Nicky, why, why would you do this to yourself?"

Within seconds, we all heard footsteps. With wide eyes, I looked to Alex. She looked back.

"Shit!" - A classic Alex response.

"Oh my god, what we going to do, we can't let them find her like this!" I hastily whispered.

"Shhh!" Red looked at me and whispered "You two go outside and keep watch, and I'll get her to the back room, she'll be safe there for now"

"You sure you don't want help?" Alex offered.

"No you go with her, and make sure she doesn't freak out and spill the beans to someone" Red said whilst nodding her head towards me. 

I gasped in utter shock. Alex put her arm around my shoulder and as we started walking towards the door, she whispered, "She's right, you need me!"