Chapter 5: The Sneak Out

*LeLani's POV*

I went downstairs and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I took a drink and then set it on the counter table. I went to the living room and sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V.

"Boring, Not interesting, Ewwwww, There is nothing on T.V." I said switching threw the channels.

"Why are you all dressed up?" Asked my mom walking in.

"I'm not." I said.

"Are you going outside today?" Asked my mom.

"Don't you have patients to attend to, Besides meddling in my life." I said.

"I'm part of your life and I don't like your attitude." She said.

"Maybe I wouldn't have one if you let me go on a date with Xavier." I said.

"Lose the attitude, young lady." My mom said.

I stood up.

"Can't lose it if you keep finding it." I said.

"Excuse me?" My mom asked.

"Nothing, Mother." I said crossing my arms.

"Give me your phone and go outside and explore L.A." My mom said.

"Your not taking my Phone." I said.

"I paid for it so its mine now until you go out and explore L.A." She said.

"You are so unfair!" I said handing her my phone.

"Be careful!" She yelled.

I ran to the front door and opened it and slammed it behind me and ran about 5 feet away. I walked and walked the rest of the way to who knows where. I walked for about 5 minutes and saw a park and no one was there, It looked brand new but abandoned. But I felt drawn to it, so I walked up to it and sat on the swings.

I swinged myself slowly for about 5 minutes when I noticed a little girl across the street staring at me. I stopped swinging and walked slowly up to her.

"Hi, Is there something wrong?" I asked.

The girl didn't answer.

"Hello?" I asked.

She didn't answer.

I started to walk away but she said ," Your a brave girl."

"What do you mean?" I asked turning around.

"That's Forbidden Park." She said.

"But the sign says Sunny park." I said.

"That's what it use to be called." She said.

"Why is it called "Forbidden" Park?" I asked.

"Because a little girl just like me , died at that park. Every time someone goes to that park, Something bad happens to them." She said.

"How does a little girl like you know that?" I asked.

"Because I'm not a little girl." She said and walked away.

"Wait, Wait , I have more questions!!" I yelled.

But she had already had left.

"And this is why I don't go outside." I said to myself.

I looked at the park one more time then left and went home. When I got home I ran into my mom's office and there was patient in there and it was Xavier.