Chapter 10: Suspect #1

*Lelani's POV*

I woke up to the sound of pacing around the room. I opened my eyes and saw a figure in another room but couldn't see who it was. I looked around the room to see I was in a little barn or shed or apartment complex. It was kinda beat up  and it was dark in the room. I tried to rub my head cause I got an instant headache but my hands were tied up with duck tape. I was in a chair and my feet and mouth were tied up too. Then the figure came into the room and I saw that it was Katerina.

"Good your awake , We gotta talk." Katerina said.

Katerina ripped of the duck tape off my mouth and held it in her hand.

"Why the hell would you kidnapped me?" I asked.

"Because you were gonna make me tell the cops about that night and I just can't do that." Katerina said.

"Why? What happened that night, Katerina?" I asked.

"Its None of your business , what happened that night." Katerina said.

"The hell it is, The cops think that me and Xavier killed her." I said angrily.

"You didn't but your boyfriend did." Katerina said.

"What?" I said.

"He has Serena's bracelet, that proves it was him." Katerina said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Cause I saw him pull it out of his pocket." Katerina said.

"You were stalking me, wow." I said.

"I had to, so we could talk." Katerina said.

"Well we're talking, What is the point in all of this, what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Tell the cops it was Xavier that was last seen with serena that night and that he stuffed the necklace in his locker cause that would be the safest place and that you found it." Katerina explained.

"I never said it was in Xavier's locker?" I said.

"I might of heard you say that or I'm making that up." Katerina said.

"No, cause I didn't know that and you couldn't of known unless your the one who put the bracelet in his locker." I said.

"Ok, so what if I did." Katerina said.

"So what? What happened Katerina?" I asked.

*Xavier's POV*

After our argument I walked to lani's house to explain everything. I opened the front door and saw my aunt and lani's mom on the coach having a glass of wine together.

"Hello?" I said.

My aunt and lani's mom stood up and walked over to me.

"So what happened?" My aunt asked me.

"Lani didn't tell you?" I asked.

"No, I thought she was with you." Lani's mom said.

"She was but we got in a disagreement and she ran home." I said.

"She didn't run home cause she is not here." My aunt said.

"Or she didn't make it home." I said.

"What does that mean?" Lani's mom asked.

I got out my phone and called the Katerina's friend Elena.

"Hello? Is Katerina with you by chance?" I asked.

"No and who is this?" Said Elena.

Then I hung up. I called the police station.

"Hello has a girl named Katerina come in for questioning today by any chance?" I asked.

"No, there hasn't, Is there a problem?" Asked the police man.

Then I hung up.

"I think I might have a clue of where she is." I said.

*Lelani's POV*

"After you guys left we went to a party that night. It was like kinda of a Halloween party slash pool party but we didn't get in the pool. We were there for like 5 minutes and serena totally ditched me for Brian Walker the quarter back and then she came downstairs pissed off and told me we should leave and I was like no. Then serena looked passed me and was looking at Malaysia Porter. Serena told me to hold her bracelet because I thought she was gonna fight her ,so I did. She took off with Malaysia that night, I didn't see where they went so I left the party after two more shots and went home with her bracelet that the cops think is a weapon or whoever has it is the killer , so I had to get rid of it and your boyfriend was a easy target. Sorry." Katerina Explained.

"You didn't do anything, So why not tell the cops?" I asked.

"Because cops have a way of twisting things and plus we were drinking underage at that party." Katerina said.

"You got to tell the police." I said.

"I can't. " Katerina said.

Then some one busted through the door. Xavier ran up to Katerina and tackled her. Then the cops ran in shortly after him and the cops took Katerina and Xavier untied me. I gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry , I didn't believe you. It's Katerina who put that necklace in your locker. But what if Katerina tells the cops it was you with the necklace, what are we gonna do?" I said quickly.

"Don't worry, I slid the necklace into her pocket when I tackled her and thank you for believing me." Xavier said.

"We are off the suspect list, I can't believe it!" I said and then gave Xavier a kiss.

"Let's go home." Xavier said.

Xavier and I walked home. I walked into the house and ran to my mom gave her hug.

"I'm alright." I told my mom.

"What happened?" My mom asked.

"Long story and I'm kinda beat, so can I get a rain check." I asked.

"Yeah sure,honey." My mom said.

I turned around and gave Xavier a hug and went upstairs.

*Xavier's POV*

"So what happened?" Lani's mom asked.

"Katherine kidnapped Lelani , so that she couldn't tell the police that she was the last one with serena that night. Katerina framed me and put Serena's bracelet in my locker but I figured it out and went to go find her and put the necklace back into her pocket, so that we can get away from this mess. So we are completely out of the suspect list." I explained quickly.

"Wow , that's great!" Said my aunt.

"That's amazing." Said Lani's mom.

"I know." I said.

I looked at lani's mom and she looked upstairs.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's just that, It's amazing news and Lelani should be thrilled. Why isn't she?" Asked Lani's mom.

"She was but then on our walk home, I think something hit her and now she looks sad. Something is bothering her and I Don't know what it is?" I explained.

"Maybe you can find out?" My aunt asked.

"May I?" I asked Lani's mom.

Lani's mom nodded and I headed upstairs. I opened Lani's bedroom door and looked at her bed and nobody was in there. Then I looked at the window and it was opened. I ran to the window and saw her shoe on the ground. I ran down stairs and into the living room.

"Call 911!" I shouted.

"Why?" My aunt asked.

"Cause Lelani's missing." I said.

-----------------------
*Thank you for reading*
*Chapter 11 soon*
*Stayed tuned*
*Song:  High by Zella Day*

              ~Ä