Last part of Prologue

"How is she these days?" The president asked.

"My mother? She's overseas doing NPO work. I stayed with my Grandparents before I started college." I replied.

"Overseas? So that's why I haven't been able to..." he paused, then collected himself.

"My family was against the marriage because she didn't have any political connections...That's when she disappeared, still pregnant with you. After that, I became obsessed with my career." he continued.

"Is that why you never married?" I asked.

"Yes. I just...didn't have any room left in my heart. But now, looking at you, I deeply regret waiting for so long."

My mother never would say how my father died. That subject was always off limits.

"Anyway. I imagine you have so many questions." he continued.

"Yeah, um...I don't even know where to start."

"First, though, I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Oh great. I don't like the sound of that.

"Earlier today we received letter from a terrorist group. They've discovered your identity as well...and now they're after your life." he said.

"You mean that man earlier, with the gun...They sent him for me?" I asked thinking of earlier.

"Yes. As soon as I read the letter I informed the secret service."

"Secret Service?! The guys in the helicopter were secret service?" I asked a little shocked.

"Correct, and Chadwick as well. They're our very best." he said pointing to the guy in the leather jacket that met us at the door when we arrived, and escorted me to the oval office to meet my father, the President.

"Thank you, sir." Chadwick said.

(Felix too?! I noticed him in the hall on my way here. He used to babysit me and go to school with me.)

"These agents are going to protect you until the current situation is under control." The President said.

"But...President Robertson..."

"Just call me father." he said looking me over.

"Father..." (for some reason it didn't feel strange to call him that.)

"We'll have more time to talk later. For now, please meet with the team." he stood again, gave me another hug; like when I first walked in; and then nodded at the tall agent.

"Please follow me." Chadwick said.

"You'll be safe now Amy. I promise." dad said.

When we returned to what I call the room of flags he two agents from the helicopter were waiting, along with Felix. The one I'd accidentally punched eyed me suspiciously, while the other smiled.

"Hmm...nice to see you've finally calmed down." the one I hit said.

"Edgar was just telling me about your boxing skills." Felix said.

"Psshh...she fights dirty!" the one now known as Edgar said.

"Kay, I know that this is a lot to take in, but...Welcome home." the one who held my hand said.

Funny...That agent still looks so familiar. Wait! I've got it!

"This is going to sound crazy, but considering everything else that's happened today...I think I recognize you." I said to him.