Chapter 13: Young Love

Jason packed his suit and belt in a white-and-black-checkered backpack. He realized he hadn't gone into work yet today, and it was an hour past his lunch break. He got dressed as quick as he could into regular clothes (much as he wanted to wear his Red X outfit; it was comfortable and, in his opinion, looked SICK) and headed off to work. He was a little cheerful (It actually didn't instantaneously go away this time!) because he would pass the Teen Titans, and he hoped they would get him mad, so he could beat them up.

Unfortunately, none of them did. They just looked at him. Wanting to start a fight, Jason, with complete pride, barked a little louder than he had planned.

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" This did nothing except make the Titans turn their heads away.

Jason shrugged it off because today, he felt confident enough to start making some light banter with Stephanie.

He stopped by the Police Station, where Stephanie was hanging on the couch, looking as beautiful as ever. He did a quick scan around the station, making sure Stephanie's dad wasn't nearby. Once the coast was clear, he took a deep breathe and walked on over. He sat down some-what near Steph, and started to talk.

"So, uhh...h-how..um...are..umm..."

Steph looked confused, then she started to laugh a little.

"I'm good. How are you?" She smiled.

Jason still stuttered. "Uhh...I've...umm....good...been...umm...date..go..you..to..on..me..a..with..like....would?"

Steph understood very clearly. "How about we get to know each other first?" She was still smiling, but she knew Jason liked her a lot.

"Uhh.." Jason started, but he just ran away, barely grabbing his backpack before sprinting with his own shadow (meaning, he ran really fast).

What a strange boy, she thought.