5: Eye Candy

Zavion

I caught India staring at me the whole class period. She was gorgeous no doubt but I bet she had all the guys wrapped around her finger. Class was now over and I packed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I began to leave the room but India stopped me. "Hey Zay what class do you have next?" She asked. I smiled because she already had a little nickname for me. I pulled out my schedule and scanned over it. "I have gym then English 4." She nodded her head and waved good bye. I assumed that we were going our separate ways.

I stepped outside the class and was swarmed by four girls. They weren't even that cute and one of them had the worst teeth ever. I looked around for an escape route. I stood 6'3 so I towered over all these birds. "Hey India where's the gym?" I questioned. She smiled and motioned for me to follow her. The four girls stood there looking dumbfounded.

"Thanks shorty" I teased. She rolled her eyes while telling me you're welcome. "Is your class even on the way to the gym?" She nodded her head no and told me to turn down the hall and go straight until I came to the double doors. Once I got to the double doors and walked outside there was a tunnel leading to the gym. I had about three minutes before the bell rang so I jogged the rest of the way there only to realize that no one was dressed out yet. This was going to be a long day.

4:15

School was over and I was walking to my car when I bumped into India and two other girls. I waved and walked over. "Hey what you got planned?" She rubbed the back of her neck and looked at her friends. The curly haired one turned away as if she didn't want to be apart of it. "Um I was going to chill with my best friend & her girlfriend." I shook my head and started to walk off. "What you got planned?" She asked. I threw up my hands to imply nothing. "Well we're just going to hang out at my house if you want to come. Follow behind us?" The brown skinned girl said. I gave them a head nod and made my way to my car.

10 minutes later

We pulled up to this fairly nice neighborhood. There were two cars in the driveway so I assumed it was the parents of whoever's house it was. "Oh hell naw!" I heard the brown skin girl say. That made me hesitant and made me almost turn around until my eyes met India's. We walked in the house and there was a little boy who looked to be about two years old running around and a girl who looked maybe a year or two younger than us.

"Ma! Why the hell are they here?" India's friend yelled. Now I know who's house it is. Her mom came downstairs with that look that all mothers have. "Girl watch your damn mouth and because they're family." She rolled her eyes and told us to go upstairs. The girlfriend whispered something in her ear and headed up the stairs with India.

As soon as they made it to the top of the stairs they were in a full shouting match. The kid looked on as they were cursing and carrying on. I walked over and picked him up. "Come on lil man. Let's go upstairs." He wrapped his arm around my neck and allowed me to carry him. I was surprised because some kids didn't flock to people they didn't know. When we got to the top of the stairs he looked at me and said "why was my mom yelling at my sister?" I just shrugged my shoulders and put him down.

"Bruh did that lil nigga just say his mother?" India said looking at her best friend. They picked the little boy up and looked him over. "He doesn't even look like Simone. Who his daddy cause he looked mixed? Simone has decent hair but not this kind of hair." I was laughing at them and their questions. He was a cute little boy. I wanted kids some day. Hopefully a boy so I can have me a JR and superstar in hopefully basketball or football. I watched the girls interact with him and they were too cute, especially India. Their laughter was cut short by Simone clearing her throat.

"Oh hey babe! What was all of that about?" The Curlyhead girl whose name was still unknow asked. "Long story. Go back downstairs with ya mama and sister." He looked like he was about to cry so I picked him up and carried him downstairs. When I put him down he ran to the girl in the living room and buried his face in her chest. She gave me that deep, intense, inquiring stare but I didn't want to say anything so I just shrugged my shoulders.

As I stepped onto the stairs Simone's mother called me into the kitchen. "Who the hell are you?" I tried not to laugh but a smirk spread across my face. "Did I say something funny?" My demeanor quickly changed and I answered no. She cocked her head to the side like she was waiting for me to answer her. "Oh I'm sorry. I'm Zavion, a friend of India." She mmhm'd me and shoo'ed me back upstairs."

"Ok but how is that lil nigga your brother? He called your mom his mom." Simone took a deep breath and started to explain. "The man that my mom dated for like nine years had a baby on her two almost three years ago. Sad thing is he already had a six year old before they got together. She played step-mom all too well..." She said but was cut off by her girlfriend. "So the real question is do they have the same mama?" Simone nodded her head yes and continued with the story. "She stayed with him for a year after the child was born. He had shared custody, until the mother just up and disappeared. No one knows where she went or what happened to her. Why they're here I'm not sure but this isn't the first time his sorry ass has put his kids off on my mom. I'm her only child. I don't know why she's taking in somebody else's kids. I mean they're not even together anymore."

I could tell she was mad and I was honestly uncomfortable and in a weird position. I decided that I was going to leave and go home. "Hey India I'm going to head home. Maybe we can do this another time" I asked. She smiled and agreed that we would hang out soon. She walked me downstairs and before I left I gave her my number. It was just too much drama and too many women around for me. I'd talk to India in 1st block tomorrow if she doesn't text me.