21: The Good Life

November, 2019
India

It's been seven months since I've been drafted into the WNBA by the Los Angeles Sparks. I'm so excited I can't put it into words. Alyssa is attending school out here in LA while Jaylen runs wild and free. He's gotten so big now. He's almost seven years old now. Grown as hell and definitely a handful.

"Jay are you ready to go?" I asked from the bottom of the stairs.

He was going to practice with me because Alyssa had class and didn't trust a babysitter. I grabbed my duffle bag and keys when he came running down the stairs.

"I'm ready now head ass."

I whipped my head around so quick I almost got whiplash. He stood there with a dumb grin on his face knowing I wouldn't discipline him. He was gone learn today. I snatched him up and popped his ass three times. His eyes began to water as he looked up at me.

"Dry it up. I done told you about cussing. Go get in the car."

He walked off with his head down and I could careless about his little feelings. I made sure I had everything before I closed and locked the door to our two bedroom apartment. When I turned around Jay was in the front seat of the car spinning the steering wheel. I set off the alarm and he jumped looking scared as hell.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked about to cry again.

I pointed to the back seat and he hopped in his seat and buckled himself in. I reached back to double check before buckling my own seatbelt. When I started the car the music boomed through the speakers. I looked back at Jay who was smiling from ear to ear.

I reached back and popped his leg before pulling out of the driveway. He snuck in a hit before crossing his arms across his chest. The ride to the gym was quiet and it was because he had fallen asleep. When I pulled up Nathaniel, Jay's favorite security guy came over and carefully unbuckled him. Without me even asking he picked him up and carried him to the locker room door where he waited for me to set my stuff down and come back to get him.

When I walked in Candace Parker cooed at his sleeping face. "Look at my little boyfriend" she said. I rolled my eyes because she was part of the reason he was spoiled. She managed to spoil him in just the few months I had been on the team.

I looked him over before placing a blanket over him and walking over to my cube. I got dressed for practice and checked on Jay one more time before I left out.

After Practice

We were tired as hell from the three hour practice. We walked into the locker room and found Nathaniel and Jay sitting on the couch watching cartoons and eating chips.

"Are those my chips? You little thief" Kristi Toliver said. Jay smiled his mischievous smile at her when she mean mugged him. He got up and hugged her leg causing her to no longer be mad at him.

"Ugh why you so cute? You little hoodlum."

Nathaniel scooped Jay up and carried him out so that we could get showered and dressed. It took me about twenty minutes in total and when I came out I was met with a crying Jaylen.

"What happened?" I asked Nathaniel.

"He wanted to use my taser and I told him no so he had a tantrum and started crying."

I laughed at his silly antics. He must be sleepy, seeing he hasn't had a decent nap today. Nathaniel said he only slept for about fifteen minutes before he woke up screaming like a mad man and running around the locker room hyper as hell. It was passed 6:30 and if he went to sleep now he'd be up all night.