Chapter 10

Greg's POV

I wake up the next day to see Unicycle packing.

"Uni? What are you doing?" I ask sitting up.

"Ummm, well I'm kinda transferring schools." He replied zipping up his bags.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me abot this?" I questioned.

"I don't know. It was sudden. I got a music scholarship in New York City so I'm transferring there." He said getting his bags together and moving towards the door.

"What about the Trebles?!" I call out to him.

"There's another guy transferring here later today who's gonna be your roommate. Maybe he can sing." He said walking out the door and leaving me completely shocked.

Kiera's POV

I woke up the next day and realize I had my lunch date with Greg. Beca went to work at the radio station and Emmy and Maya had class.

I got up and did my hair in very loose curls. I put on a white tank top with a gray cardigan and a nice light pink scarf, dark denim skinny jeans, and light pink vans to match my scarf.

I did my make up just with some mascara, liquid eyeliner, and light pink lip gloss and I was ready.

I heard a knock on the door and I opened it. It was Greg.

He was wearing a black and white checkered flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, jeans, black vans, and had his hair done how it usually is. He looked pretty good I must say.

"Wow you look... Great." He says looking me up and down.

"Thanks." I say smiling, "You look pretty good too."

"This is for you." He says handing me a pretty pink flower.

"Thanks!" I say accepting it and walking out of my room and into the hall with him.

"So where are we going to lunch?" I ask while we walk towards the parking lot to his car.

"That's a surprise." He says smiling.

************************************

10 Minutes later we pulled up to this cute little diner.

We walked in and sat in a booth.

"Have you ever been here before?" I asked.

"Yeah. I would suggest the homemade Mac and cheese." He said.

The waitress came by and I ordered the homemade Mac and cheese and a sprite and he ordered the same thing.

"20 questions?" He asked me while we were waiting for our food.

"Sure." I smiled, "You first."

"Favorite color?" He asked.

"Blue and sometimes purple." I answered.

"Blues mine." He said.

"Ummm, family?" I asked.

"Mom and dad, brother, sister." He replied.

"Mom and dad split, step dad, grew up an only child but have 3 step sisters. Top 3 favorite songs?" I asked.

"Animal by Neon Trees, Let Me Love You by Ne-Yo, and We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus. You?" He asked.

"Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran, Never Let Me Go by Florence And The Machines, and Diamonds by Rihanna. Last relationship?"

"A few months ago. Not a bad break up. You?"

Thankfully our food got here so I didn't have to answer. I didn't really want to get into last year.

I was about to take a bite when I saw Greg looking at me.

"What?" I asked worried I had something on my face.

"I'm just waiting to see your reaction." He said smirking.

I took a bite. It was AMAZING.

"It's so good!" I said once I swallowed.

He smiled and started eating himself. Once we finished the waitress brought over the check. I reached for it but he grabbed it away.

"No I'm paying." He said.

"Whyyyy?" I whined jokingly.

"Cause I'm the guy and the guy pays for the date."

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes.

Walking back to the car I decided I was craving ice cream.

"Hey Greg you wanna stop for ice cream?" I asked.

He smiled. "I was just about to ask the same thing."

We got to a cute little ice cream shop and I got a vanilla soft serve in a cone. Greg got the same thing but chocolate.

I got to the cash register first so I quickly paid before he could. He glared at me but I just smiled innocently and ate some of my ice cream.

Once we finished we drove back to campus and he walked me to my dorm.

"I had a great time." I honestly said.

"Me too." He said smiling.

I hugged him and walked back into my dorm saying goodbye.

Greg's POV

The date went AMAZING. Kiera's so pretty and she's so nice and cool. I think I really like her. I walked back to my dorm. When I opened the door I saw a guy who seemed young unpacking on what used to be Uni's side of the room. He turned around noticing me.

"Hey I'm Kayden." He said holding out his hand.

"Greg." I said introducing myself, "How old are you, by the way?"

"It's my second year in collage." He told me, "I have cystic fibrosis though its a disease that makes me look younger and mature slower than most."

"Oh okay." I said. He had blonde hair styled up and had bright green eyes.

"By the way can you sing?" I asked.

He sang a few lines of With You by Chris Brown. He could really sing.

"Wow that's really good." I told him, "would you maybe want to join my acapella group the treblemakers?" I asked.

"Sure." He said.

I was glad. Since Uni left us we but Kayden could sing we didn't have to hold auditions again. I knew Bumper would let Kayden in he is really good. I started to get ready for practice still thinking about how well the date went with Kiera. Ugh I had to focus now on the trebles or Bumper will be mad.

Kiera's POV

In my dorm I immediately started getting ready. I put on some Capri length black leggings, a bright pink half shirt with a bass clef and a treble clef making a heart in the middle, and put my hair in a high ponytail and slipped on my gray converse and was ready.

Beca got back to the dorm after work and had on jeans, a black tank top, a white button down shirt over it with the sleeves rolled down, and boots.

"Ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yup all set." She replied.

And with that we headed out the door to practice.