Chapter 13

Kiera's POV

The next day me and Beca start to get ready for rehearsal. I pull on a purple tee shirt, black yoga pants, my purple and gray Nike sneakers, and threw my hair up into a high pony tail.

Beca was wearing black leggings, sneakers, a dark blue lulu lemon jacket, and had her hair down.

************************************

"Ok Bella's how are we gonna raise money for regionals?" Aubrey asks us in the beginning of practice, "Obviously a bikini car wash is out of the question."

"Oh no but Aubrey I'm like, super good at bikini car washes!" Fat Amy calls out.

After a while of debating we settled on having a paint war to raise money. You paid $10 for a fully loaded squirt gun filled with paint. Everyone had to wear all white and the person with the least amount of paint on them got to pick 3 Bella's to spend the day with to help with chores and errands and stuff because we couldn't afford any prizes.

We started practicing our number. We ran through I saw the sign, eternal flame, and turn the beat around. During Chloe's solo in turn the beat around, she had to go down an octave for the last line. When we finished everyone was tired and sweating.

"Chloe you gotta be able to hit that last note." Aubrey says walking towards the piano with her papers and water on it.

"I can't," Chloe replies, "it's cause of my... my..."

"Her nodes her nodes." Everyone chimes in.

"Well then somebody else needs a solo." Aubrey says simply.

"I think Beca should take my solo."Chloe says gesturing to Beca.

"Yeah Beca would be a good solo. But someone else might be equally as excellent but might be shy and not want to come forward and say they wanted a solo." Fat Amy says dropping hints.

"Well Beca doesn't want a solo so..." Aubrey tells Amy.

"I would be happy to do a solo if I got to pick a new song and do an arrangement." Beca butts in.

"Well that's not how we run things here." Aubrey says turning to her papers.

Beca starts to walk toward her,"That song is tired. We're not gonna win with it. If we pull songs from different genres and layer them together-"

"Acascuse me?" Aubrey cuts of turning towards Beca, "We can sing turn the beat around and that's the last I want to hear of this."

"But-" Beca tries again.

"Let me explain myself once again since you still don't seem to get it. My job is to get us back to the ICCA's and these songs will get us there. So excuse me if I don't take advice from some alt girl with her mad lib beats who has never been in a competition in her life. Have I made myself clear?" She sternly says.

"Crystal. I won't solo." Beca says backing away.

"Fat Amy?" Aubrey asks.

"Yes sir?" Amy replies.

"You'll solo." Aubrey tells her.

"YES. Yayyyyy." Amy says tracing the heart on her shirt. Finally rehearsal is over and we get to go back to our dorms.

A/N: Sorry this chapters so short! But I kinda have dance like now so byeeee update soon!:)