Flowers For Your Grave - Chapter 1O

Beckett ran down the hallway of the building strapping on her bulletproof vest. This was a psychopath with a gun and she was taking no risks. She removed her gun from the holster and got into position as she arrived at the gate.

She knocked."Kyle Cabot. NYPD. Open up!" she shouted. She waited for about a second before she took at step back and kicked the door open as Ryan and Espo covered her. They rushed inside, each one of the cops searching a different room with their guns ready.

"All clear!" Beckett re-holstered her gun and took a deep breath. She looked around and found a table full of pictures and newspaper cuttings related to both murders and Castle's books. Her jaw almost hit the floor when she saw drawings on his books made by the killer related to both murders. 

"You should invite him to join your book club." said Ryan as he looked over her shoulder at the book in her hands. Kate was too stunned to reply.

Why would someone do this? And why Castle? Why those victims? Her mind was swarming with a thousand unanswered questions as Kevin turned back around to begin searching the place.

"Beckett! You're going to want to see this." she heard someone call out.

Ryan stood frozen at the doorway of that room, his jaw touching the floor. As she entered the room, she saw a huge board full of pictures of Castle, newspaper reports, pictures of his books, everything related to him. She was now extremely sure that the killer was a psychopath obsessed with Castle. 

Wait. What if Rick was in danger? What if he would go after him next, because clearly the victims had no connection to each other or to Castle and the killer was just doing this as per the crime scenes he wrote. She wondered if she should ask Captain to assign a protective detail on him.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a whisper "Oh, that's creepy!!"

Castle. Of course. How did she even think that for once he would behave like a guy his age and listen to what she told him. He was so stupid! What if the killer was there? How could he even risk his life that way?

She turned around to glare at him. "I was never a scout." he said with a grin and a shrug.

"Beckett!" Espo called out. He held up a pale pink, lace top with two gunshot wounds near the collar right where Allison was shot.

"Allison's blouse." she said out loud. "Guess he kept trophies." Javier next held up a gun and closely inspected it. ".22 caliber." It was the same caliber.

Kate didn't feel right about this. Which murderer kept all the evidence in his house where they could easily find it? Maybe, he was mentally ill.

They heard a rattling sound. Something wooden. Everyone was back on guard and moved towards the source of the sound. It was a closet and it seemed like there was someone in it.

"Beckett counted to three and she opened the door with one hand and her gun in the other. Someone immediately shone a flashlight. Inside they saw a man rocking back and forth repeatedly as he trashed against the walls of closet. They had found their psychopath.