Flowers For Your Grave - Chapter 3

Richard entered his apartment, listening to a wonderful tune being played by a random old dude he did not know, probably his mom's new fling...ohh..and it was ruined by his mother's terrible, terrible singing. He saw it was already 12:45 but there was so stopping his mother so he quietly avoided her and went to his kitchen where he found Alexis studying with cotton plugs in her ears to block out the noise.

Leaning on the kitchen island he took those out of her ears. Alexis knew what her father was going to ask and said, "That's Bert. He does magic!" rolling her eyes. Castle grabbed a can of squirty cream from the fridge, peering to see what Alexis was studying. "How was the slammer? Anyone make you their bitch?" asked Alexis, trying to sound nonchalant but she was really anxious about the cops taking her dad.

Rick filled his mouth with cream to the point of gagging and offered it to Alexis. "I already brushed." she said like the goody two shoes she was. "Too bad. It's your loss."

"So are you going to tell me about it, or do I have to read about it on the fan sites?" Alexis pressed again. Rick finally gave in. "They want my help on a case." "A case?!" asked Alexis, completely surprised. She did not see that coming.

"Apparently, someone's been killing people they way I do in my books." said castle walking towards his library with Alexis on his tail.

"That's horrible! How many?" she asked not believing that there were such people in the world. "Two so far."

Alexis was now concerned about her father. "Are you okay?" she asked. She didn't want him to blame himself and question his work because of some crazy psychopath murdering people as they pleased.

"Yeah. It's just so senseless." answered her father as he crouched down to search for those two books.

"Murder usually is." said Alexis.

"No. Murder usually makes a lot of sense. Passion. Greed. Politics. What's senseless here is why the killer chose those books. Hell hath no fury. Flowers for your grave. My truly lesser works. Why would a psychotic fan choose them instead of my bestsellers?" said Rick who felt so confused.

"Maybe because he's psychotic. Come on its bedtime. You can figure it out in the morning." said Alexis as she took away the books from her his hands. Count on her to be the mature adult.