Chapter Fourteen

Tatiana Mardones

That weekend...

Me and Micheal have been messing around without protection for a while, so I bought a pregnancy test the other day just in case. The funny thing is that I'm afraid to use it, knowing that the outcome maybe exactly as I plan for it to be. Don't get me wrong I want to have Micheal's kids, but not until after me and him get married. I love my son with everything in me, but I wish he wasn't born out of wedlock. And I surely can't have two kids before I get married, because that is extremely immoral.

After doing my business on the pregnancy test, I wait patiently on the toilet for the results. Nervously biting my lip, as I run a hand through my curly hair slowly. Lowkey hoping it comes out negative, because its just too early for another baby. Xavier's birthday party is scheduled at Laser Quest in a couple hours, and I won't be able to focus on him on his birthday if I do end up being pregnant.

About five minutes of staring at the wall blankly in a daze, Micheal walking into the bathroom without permission snaps me back to reality. He looks to me sideways, as I hopelessly glance down at the stick I was holding loosely in my hands. Feeling my eyes start to well up with tears, not even realizing that Micheal was squatting in front of me, looking to me with concern.

"T, what's wrong," he asks, before looking down to the stick. I look to him nervously, holding back tears, hoping he's not mad at me. "You're pregnant," he asks, and I nod, before letting the tears come out. I couldn't help but cry, because I couldn't believe this was happening. I feel so stupid for telling Micheal it was ok for him to hit it without a condom, because I knew there would be consequences. "Baby, why you crying," he asks, and I shrug my shoulders sadly, even though I knew exactly why I was crying. Micheal grabs the stick and throws it away, before helping me up from the toilet. I take it from there to handle my business, before silently washing my hands in the sink.

While I'm drying my hands, Micheal comes up behind me, and gently wraps his arms around me. I flinch at his touch, as I think about when I told Tevin that I was pregnant with Xavier. He was so pissed, that he slapped me around the bathroom, until he busted my lip. Showing no mercy, talking about he's not ready for a baby, and that he wanted me to get an abortion. I actually considered it, until my twin tells me that she was pregnant as well. She was as excited about having a baby as I was, and she assures me that Tevin can't take that away from me. So, I managed to keep me not getting an abortion a secret for a while until I started to show. That's when Tevin was completely pushed over the edge, and he basically tried to kill me and the baby. And since I was only sixteen, I decided to turn to my parents and tell them about how Tevin threatened me and my unborn child. For his ruthless behavior, Tevin was sent away to juvenile for until he turned eighteen. When he came back, it seemed like he was a changed man, and actually wanted to be in me and Xavier's life, so I let him.

And now, looking back on everything Tevin put me through, I feel so dumb and I'm completely ashamed of myself for giving that asshole another chance. Now, because of him, I'm afraid of everyone, and I don't have a strong backbone. I let people run over me, and I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna find love. With Micheal though, I have a feeling that things are going to be different, especially since he didn't seem upset about me possibly carrying his child.

"Are you ok," Micheal asks, trying to hide the smile that was starting to form, as he rests his head against mine. I look to the mirror with my red, puffy eyes, not sure how to react.

"Your not mad at me," I say softly, before he plants a gentle kiss on the side of my head.

"Why would I be mad baby. If anything a nigga on cloud nine right now. My baby is having my first child. I'm so happy, Ion know what to do with myself right now," he says, while smiling brightly at my reflection, and I can't help but smile back. Even though I was upset that we weren't married yet, I'm still extremely excited about having Mr. Hawkins' baby. I can already tell that he's gonna make a great father, and I can tell that he's beyond ready to start a family with me. "I've been waiting for this day," he adds.