[6] Despair

(lol totally forgot this was supposed to be chapter 5. don't worry you didn't miss anything just mixed up the numbers, my fault! Enjoy the chapter)

"Get her to the infirmary!" Makarov demanded Natsu. "Wendy, Start doing what you can!"

He looked at Erza. "Contact Porlyusica." She nodded quickly doing her job.

Natsu ran as fast as he could to get her onto a bed. He gently set her down and Wendy pushed through him and started healing her right away. "Natsu get some warm towels and help clean off the blood." Wendy commanded Natsu focusing on two things.

Mira bursted through the door with the towels and Handed one to Natsu. "Be gentle and make sure not to rub." Mira started at her stomach and left Natsu to do her arm. He was terrified but found the courage to help his comrade. The towel soaked up the blood but it only lasted a matter of time before more sprang from the wounds.

Levy came in and saw Natsu's expression. She patted him on the shoulder and grabbed the bloody rag. "I got this." Natsu nodded and he made his way out of the room.

Everyone stared at him like he had just commented a crime. Gray ran over to him "how is she?" Natsu stayed quiet ignoring grays question and started for the guild doors. Gray chased after him worried that the pink haired Mage might do something rash. "Hey, Natsu! You can't just leave."

Natsu turned to him. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. "When I find out who did this." Natsu paused, Gray stepped back. "When I find out who did this, the bastard is going to be burned to ashes!"

Gray eyes were wide, "calm down flame brain....."

"Hell if I calm down! Im going to her place." Natsu exclaimed not even looking back. Grays only choice was to follow him incase he didn't burn down the town.

The two mages walked to the sight of the crime. Townspeople gave glances at the sight wondering what happened. Glass was shattered everywhere along with red puddles surrounding the area. Natsu and Gray looked in horror trying to take in and imagine what had happened. Gray walked over to the object on the ground. "It's her keys."

Natsu followed him and picked up the pouch full of gold and silver keys. He examined the keys making sure they were all there. To his relief all were accounted for except Lokes which Lucy had. Gray examined the broken glass and something reflected in his eyes. He stared at the blue gem shards that laid on the ground. It was almost identical to the shards they had found back at the town with the camp. He also configured they were the same colors to Lucy's necklace. He gathered the shards and him and Natsu entered Lucy's house.

"Wow." Gray was speechless at the sight. There was drops of red on the floor near the door along with the bed showing a struggle. Natsu scrapped his finger in the blood and put it too his nose. After a few seconds he gritted his teeth. "What's wrong?" Gray asked.

"It's not Lucy's, it has a different scent." Natsu concluded taking a deep breath.

"It's getting late Natsu, we should go back to the guild." Gray stated and headed for the door. Natsu followed him quietly thinking of the horrible scene that went down here just moments ago, and how he wasn't there to help.

_______________________________

"Travis." Emily exclaimed walking up the steps and dodging the pillars.

Where the dark guilds base was it was almost royalty. It was a old temple made back hundreds of years ago by realm keepers. The temple was hidden behind the edge of the forest where they had encountered the fairy tail mages. It was large with marble floors and stone walls. Fires lit the halls and pillars formed a circle  around one big room. Inside the circle stood twelve golden plates that protruded above the marble and had a glass casing surround it. In the middle was a crystal that glowed a dark blue. It had spikes in twelve directions each aiming at one golden plate. Travis stood leaning against the pillars thinking to himself. "What, Emily."

"He was unsuccessful." She sighed and played with her purple hair.

Travis's eyebrow burrowed and he smiled. "Let me talk to him."

Emily nodded and walked back down the stairs and out the entrance. Not soon after had the tall man who attacked Lucy came Travis gave a evil laugh. "So, how did it go?"

The man frowned. "You know exactly how it went."

"Woah, calm down buddy." Travis looked up into the mans eyes. The colors stared back at him with amazing power.

"The name is Sean ." The man unmasked his hood to reveal black hair. But his eyes shined a Blue and Green.

"Wow, what occasion do we get to see your face." Travis remarked playing with his magic.

"No occasion, don't be playing with your magic around that crystal." Sean warned.

"It only absorbs celestial magic."

"Yours is no acceptation." Sean snapped back turning his head away.

Travis laughed and stood up. "Why'd you stop."

"From what?"

"Taking the blonde, she was hurt."

The black haired Mage frowned and met Travis's gaze. "Do not mistake, those spirits are a force to be reckoned with, when you get them pissed they are sure to kill anyone in their way."

Travis replayed his wise friends words in his head. Then took a deep breath, "it doesn't matter anyway, I need you to go back to magnolia and take her for good this time."

Sean flew his hood back on. "I'll make sure I get her." He left quietly and Travis was left to wonder in his thoughts.
_______________________________

Natsu sat by Lucy's bedside and gazed at the blondes injuries. Her arm and stomach had been covered by bandages and healed by Wendy. She slept soundly and Natsu thought to himself. The pink haired Mage set her keys down next to Lokes by the bedside table and took a deep breath.

"I'll protect you." Natsu whispered under his breath. "No matter what, those people will pay for what they have done to you, I'll make them."

Natsu slightly began to fall asleep, holding the blonde mages hand for comfort.
_______________________________

Sean, or the man who attacked Lucy, has gone back to magnolia to accomplish his mission once and for all! What will Natsu think about it?

Find out next chapter [7] Partners in Crime